The Oklahoma Sooners (16-11, 6-9 Big 12), who are currently on a six-game skid, look to get back in the win column when they welcome the Kansas State Wildcats (20-8, 9-6 Big 12) to Lloyd Noble Center. Tip-off is set for 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Kansas State Wildcats vs. Oklahoma Sooners Odds Preview
The last time the Wildcats played, they defeated the Texas Longhorns, 58-48. With nine points and 13 rebounds, Xavier Sneed put together a good performance for Kansas State. The Wildcats held the Longhorns to an effective field goal percentage of 0.304 (below their season average of 0.502) and had a free throw rate of 0.313 (above their season average of 0.255).
The Sooners are trying to rebound after their 104-74 loss to the No. 8 Kansas Jayhawks in their last matchup. Kameron McGusty led Oklahoma in scoring with 22 points on 9-for-15 shooting. Kansas had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 28.6). Oklahoma, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (13.5 vs. 13.8).
It will be a matchup of opposite paces as the up-and-down Sooners will look to push the more methodical Wildcats. The Sooners currently rank eighth in possessions per game while the Wildcats are 329th.
These teams have already met once this season. The Wildcats won 87-69. The Wildcats 15.5 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Sooners, who had a mark of 22.8. Dean Wade had a stellar game, with 21 points, seven rebounds and seven assists.
Kansas State Wildcats at Oklahoma Sooners ATS Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Oklahoma, ATS Winner – Oklahoma, O/U – Over
- The Wildcats rank 84th in assists allowed per game (12.4) while the Sooners rank 230th (15.2).
- Kansas State averages 7.6 steals per game, which ranks 35th in the nation. Oklahoma ranks 163rd in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- Oklahoma ranks 32nd in rebounds per game (38.9) while Kansas State ranks 287th (30.6).
- The Wildcats rank 13th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Sooners rank 185th (4.6).
- Oklahoma ranks 34th in three pointers attempted per game (26.3) while Kansas State ranks 187th (21.0).
- The Sooners have been outscored by an average of 12.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Oklahoma has defeated opponents by an average of 4.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 66.4 points per game (6.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.2 points per game (3.7 below their season average).