It will be a meeting between two stifling defenses when the Texas Longhorns (14-10, 6-5 Big 12) square off with the Kansas State Wildcats (18-5, 8-2 Big 12) at Frank Erwin Special Events Center. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 12, 2019, and can be seen on ESPN2.
Kansas State Wildcats at Texas Longhorns Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Longhorns dismantled the West Virginia Mountaineers 75-53, while the Wildcats were victorious over the Baylor Bears 70-63.
Kansas State played a nearly perfect game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.263 (above their season average of 0.207) and a turnover percentage of 14.6 (better than their season average of 16.0). Baylor was 0.125 and 17.6, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Texas dominated nearly every stat category in their game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.3 (better than their season average of 14.8) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.0 (above their season average of 29.3). For those same stats, West Virginia recorded marks of 15.5 and 29.7, respectively. Courtney Ramey put together a good game for Texas with 19 points and five rebounds. Kansas State, meanwhile, was lifted by Kamau Stokes, who finished with 20 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Jase Febres led the Longhorns to a 67-47 victory. He was the game’s leading scorer with 23 points. Texas made 14 of its 27 three pointers (51.9 percent). Kansas State, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (30.0 vs. 23.1).
The Wildcats’ Dean Wade has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 16 points,5.4 rebounds,3.2 assists per game. Meanwhile, Kerwin Roach II has averaged 17 points,1.2 steals during that same time frame for the Longhorns.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the nation’s slowest-paced teams square off. Texas ranks 270th in possessions per game (67.5) and Kansas State is 330th (65.4).
Kansas State Wildcats vs. Texas Longhorns Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Texas, ATS Winner – Texas, O/U – Under
- Texas ranks 49th in blocks per game (4.2) while Kansas State ranks 186th (2.1).
- The Longhorns rank 40th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Wildcats rank 127th (6.5).
- Texas ranks 31st in assists allowed per game (10.9) while Kansas State ranks 43rd (11.3).
- The Wildcats rank 29th in rebounds allowed per game (31.6) while the Longhorns rank 138th (34.7).
- Texas averages 25.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 58th in the nation. Kansas State ranks 147th in three pointers allowed per game (22.4).
- During their last five games, the Longhorns have scored an average of 76.0 points per game (3.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.2 points per game (4.0 above their season average).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.6, up from 6.4 for the season.