Big 12 foes will battle when the Baylor Bears (14-10, 4-7 Big 12) meet the No. 10 Kansas Jayhawks (19-5, 8-3 Big 12) at Ferrell Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Kansas Jayhawks at Baylor Bears Free Preview
The last time the Jayhawks played, they defeated the TCU Horned Frogs, 71-64. Devonte Graham was the top scorer from either team with 24 points on 7-for-16 shooting. Kansas dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.291 (above their season average of 0.179) and a turnover percentage of 14.5 (better than their season average of 14.6). TCU put up marks of 0.140 and 15.9, respectively, for those same stats.
The Bears come in on a high note after topping the Oklahoma State Cowboys in their last contest, 67-56. With 18 points on 7-for-12 shooting, Manu Lecomte was the games leading scorer. The Bears were 9-9 from the free throw line (100.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.604 (above their season average of 0.531).
The offensive glass could be a major edge for Baylor in this battle. The Bears currently rank 26th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.1 percent), while Kansas ranks 287th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.6 percent). Also, the Jayhawks rank 49th in turnover percentage (16.6 percent), while the Bears rank 306th in opponents turnover percentage (16.6 percent).
These teams have already met once this season. The Jayhawks won 70-67. One of Kansas largest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They made 34 trips to the line, while Baylor went 21 times. Malik Newman scored a game-high 24 points.
Kansas Jayhawks at Baylor Bears Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Kansas, ATS Winner – Kansas, O/U – Under
- The Jayhawks rank 45th in blocks per game (4.4) while the Bears rank 157th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Kansas ranks 43rd in three pointers attempted per game (25.5) while Baylor ranks 234th (19.3).
- The Jayhawks average 17.4 assists per game, which ranks 13th in the NCAA. The Bears rank 192nd in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- Baylor ranks 34th in rebounds per game (39.0) while Kansas ranks 206th in rebounds allowed per game (36.1).
- The Bears have been outscored by an average of 1.0 point in their last five games. For the season, Baylor has defeated opponents by an average of 7.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Jayhawks have scored an average of 75.8 points per game (6.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.4 points per game (1.3 above their season average).