An 11-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the TCU Horned Frogs (17-6, 5-5 Big 12) when they welcome the 13th-ranked Kansas Jayhawks (18-6, 7-4 Big 12) to Ed & Rae Schollmaier Arena. The game will air on ESPN at 9 p.m. ET on Monday, February 11, 2019.
Kansas Jayhawks vs. TCU Horned Frogs Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Horned Frogs defeated the 17th-ranked Iowa State Cyclones 92-83, while the Jayhawks beat the Oklahoma State Cowboys 84-72.
Kansas dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 44.1 (above their season average of 28.6) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.589 (above their season average of 0.533). Oklahoma State recorded marks of 25.8 and 0.518, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, TCU’s turnover percentage was their largest strength over Iowa State. The Horned Frogs had a rate of 14.0 (better than their season average of 16.3), while the Cyclones posted a mark of 17.1 (above their season average of 14.1). TCU was led by Kendric Davis, who recorded 22 points. Dedric Lawson fueled Kansas with 25 points, seven rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this year, Lawson led the Jayhawks to a 77-68 win. He recorded a double-double with 31 points and 14 rebounds. One of Kansas’ largest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They made 27 trips to the line, while TCU went just 13 times.
The offensive glass should be a solid advantage for TCU in this matchup. The Horned Frogs currently rank 80th in offensive rebounding percentage (31.9 percent), while Kansas ranks 227th in defensive rebounding percentage (70.8 percent).
Kansas Jayhawks vs. TCU Horned Frogs ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Kansas, ATS Winner – Kansas, O/U – Under
- TCU ranks 69th in three pointers allowed per game (20.6) while Kansas ranks 256th (25.8).
- The Horned Frogs rank 46th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Jayhawks rank 106th (6.3).
- TCU blocks 4.3 opponent shots per game, which is ranked 47th in the NCAA. Kansas ranks 104th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- The Horned Frogs average 17.1 assists per game, which ranks 14th in the NCAA. The Jayhawks rank 140th in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- TCU ranks 116th in rebounds per game (36.3) while Kansas ranks 190th in rebounds allowed per game (35.8).
- During their last five games, the Horned Frogs have scored an average of 69.2 points per game (3.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.0 points per game (9.2 above their season average).
- The Jayhawks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 6.4 for the season.