The Kansas City Chiefs (+5) are heading east to face the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field. Kickoff for this game is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. ET and CBS will televise the action.
Betting Preview: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Kansas City Chiefs
In this Sunday AFC game, Pittsburgh has been projected as the favorite and is currently giving up 5 points. If they want to take the moneyline, gamblers would currently need to put up $200 in order to win $100 back on the Steelers (-200). The Chiefs are getting +170 moneyline odds. There might be multiple decent in-game betting opportunities in this contest, and Vegas has set the over/under (O/U) at 51 points.
Sharp bettors have been siding with the Steelers. This line initially opened at -4 while the O/U was placed originally at 50.5.
The Chiefs have recorded 1.4 units so far in 2018 and are 1-0 against the spread (ATS). The team’s posted an Over-Under mark of 1-0.
The Steelers have gained 0.0 units this season. The team is 0-1 ATS and also has an O/U record of 1-0.
The Chiefs are 1-0 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Steelers are 0-0-1 SU.
The Chiefs are hoping to remain unbeaten following a 38-28 win over the Chargers last week where Patrick Mahomes completed only 15 passes on 27 attempts for 256 yards and four touchdowns. Kareem Hunt (49 rushing yards on 16 attempts) led the ground attack. Tyreek Hill (seven receptions, 169 yards, two TDs) and Sammy Watkins (three catches, 21 yards) shared the receiving duties in the win.
Pittsburgh just picked up a 21-21 tie with Cleveland in Week 1. Ben Roethlisberger completed 23-of-41 passes for 335 yards, one touchdown and three interceptions. James Conner (135 yards on 31 rush attempts, two TDs) led the running game as Antonio Brown (nine receptions, 93 yards, one TD) led the pass-catching attack in the loss.
If the results from 2017 are any indication, then it appears the Chiefs may own an edge in all aspects of the ground game. Their running backs produced 4.7 yards per carry last season while their defense allowed a YPC of 4.3 to the opposition. The Steelers ran for 3.8 yards per carry last year and allowed 4.4 YPC to opponents..
When these two squads met last year, Pittsburgh knocked Kansas City off by a pair of field goals 19-13.
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Free Prediction
SU Winner: Chiefs, ATS Winner: Chiefs, O/U: Over
Team Betting Notes
- Kansas City was favored by 4 points in its last game and the Over/Under was set at 48. The over cashed and Kansas City covered in the 38-28 victory over the Chargers.
- Pittsburgh has lost three fumbles this season while Kansas City has yet to lose any.
- Over its last three contests, Kansas City is 2-1 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- Pittsburgh was getting 3 points in its last match and the O/U was set at 41. The over cashed and Pittsburgh covered in the team’s 21-21 tie with Cleveland.
- In its last three games, Pittsburgh is 1-2 ATS and the over cashed in two of those three.
- Both of these teams rushed for exactly 12 touchdowns last season.
- The Chiefs offense allowed 37 sacks last season. Their defense created 31 sacks.
- Steelers quarterbacks were sacked 24 times last season. Their defense got to opposing QBs on 56 occasions,
- The Chiefs recorded 26 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Steelers recorded 29 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Pittsburgh defense has sacked opposing quarterbacks seven times this year. Kansas City has registered just one sacks.