The Canisius Golden Griffins (21-11) will be 4.5-point favorites in the College Basketball Invitational at Koessler Athletic Center when they square off with the Jacksonville State Gamecocks (21-12). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 145 points and it can be seen on ESPN 3 at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 14, 2018.
Jacksonville State Gamecocks at Canisius Golden Griffins Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last contest. The Golden Griffins lost a close one to the Quinnipiac Bobcats, 72-69, while the Gamecocks were beaten by the Murray State Racers, 70-63.
Jacksonville State had a better turnover percentage (15.4 vs. 17.6) while Canisius had an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.7 (above their season average of 29.8). Jermaine Crumpton played well for Canisius with 22 points and 11 rebounds. Meanwhile, Jacksonville State received a boost from Christian Cunningham, who recorded 16 points and seven rebounds.
This battle pits one of the NCAA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses as Canisius ranks 49th in effective field goal percentage (0.546) and Jacksonville State is 28th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.470).
Gamecocks games have gone over the projected point total 48.1 percent of the time. Jacksonville State heads into the contest with records of 21-12 straight up (SU) and 15-12 against the spread (ATS).
Golden Griffins games have a tendency to go under the total (56.7 percent). Further, Canisius owns records of 21-11 SU and 20-9-1 ATS.
Isaiah Reese has been solid recently for Canisius, averaging 19.2 points, 5.2 rebounds, 4.4 assists and 2.2 steals over the last five games.
Jacksonville State Gamecocks at Canisius Golden Griffins Free Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Canisius, ATS Winner – Jacksonville State, O/U – Under
- Canisius ranks 27th in three pointers attempted per game (26.4) while Jacksonville State ranks 273rd (17.7).
- The Golden Griffins rank 43rd in steals allowed per game (5.3) while the Gamecocks rank 123rd (6.2).
- Canisius ranks 15th in assists per game (16.9) while Jacksonville State ranks 55th (15.5).
- The Gamecocks rank 53rd in rebounds per game (38.1) while the Golden Griffins rank 233rd (33.6).
- Jacksonville State ranks 23rd in blocks per game (5.1) while Canisius ranks 170th (2.9).
- The Gamecocks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.6, down from 6.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Griffins have scored an average of 84.4 points per game (8.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.4 points per game (4.6 above their season average).