The Mississippi State Bulldogs (4-0) are off to a hot start and will try to remain undefeated when they take on the Jacksonville State Gamecocks (4-1) at Humphrey Coliseum. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 144.5 points with Mississippi State set as a 7.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 26, 2017.
Jacksonville State Gamecocks at Mississippi State Bulldogs Betting Preview
In the Gamecocks last outing, they won a close one over the Chattanooga Mocs, 77-75. Malcolm Drumwright was the top scorer from either team with 27 points on 11-for-22 shooting. Jacksonville States rebounding was their largest advantage. The Gamecocks had 14 offensive rebounds and 38 total rebounds, while the Mocs had six and 23, respectively.
The Bulldogs will look to keep it rolling after beating the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks in their last game, 80-75. Quinndary Weatherspoon played well for Mississippi State, finishing with 20 points, seven rebounds and six assists. The Bulldogs made 26 of their 35 free throws (74.3 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.628 (above their season average of 0.537).
This matchup pits one of the NCAAs top offenses against one of its elite defensesSince last season, Jacksonville State ranks 54th in effective field goal percentage (0.537), while Mississippi State is 55th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.473).
Since last season, the Gamecocks have had records of 24-15 straight up (SU) and 19-13 against the spread (ATS). Jacksonville State games have had a tendency to finish under the projected point total since last season (62.5 percent).
The Bulldogs, on the other hand, are 20-16 SU and 17-13 ATS since last season. Vegas has been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Mississippi State games over that same stretch with 16 overs compared to 14 unders.
Jacksonville State Gamecocks vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Mississippi State, ATS Winner – Jacksonville State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs rank 125th in three pointers attempted per game (22.1) while the Gamecocks rank 227th (19.7).
- Mississippi State averages 4.6 blocks per game, which ranks 50th in the NCAA. Jacksonville State ranks 88th in blocks allowed per game (3.0).
- Mississippi State ranks 47th in steals per game (7.4) while Jacksonville State ranks 275th (4.7).
- The Gamecocks rank 30th in rebounds allowed per game (31.9) while the Bulldogs rank 245th (37.1).
- Jacksonville State ranks 94th in assists per game (14.6) while Mississippi State ranks 227th (12.4).