The Stetson Hatters (10-14, 2-5 Asun) and the Jacksonville Dolphins (11-13, 5-2 Asun) face off at Edmunds Center. The Hatters will attempt to put an end to their five-game losing streak. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, January 29, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Jacksonville Dolphins vs. Stetson Hatters Odds Preview
The Dolphins were beaten by the FGCU Eagles in their last contest, 68-62. With 23 points on 10-for-16 shooting, Jace Hogan was the games high scorer. FGCU had a much better free throw rate (0.220 vs. 0.060). Jacksonville, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 10.3 (better than their season average of 17.2).
In the Hatters last game, they were defeated by the North Florida Ospreys, 73-65. Divine Myles was the games leading scorer with 18 points on 5-for-12 shooting. North Florida had a free throw rate of 0.286 (above their season average of 0.193). Stetson, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (12.3 vs. 14.9).
There should be plenty of transition action in this matchup that features a pair of the nations more up-and-down teams. Stetson ranks 39th in possessions per game (73.4) and Jacksonville is 22nd (74.5).
These teams have already met once this season. The Dolphins won 76-69. Jacksonville had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.4 vs. 18.8). Stetson, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (13.5 vs. 15.1). In the victory, JD Notae led all scorers with 21 points.
Jacksonville Dolphins vs. Stetson Hatters Free Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Stetson, ATS Winner – Stetson, O/U – Under
- The Hatters average 14.8 assists per game, which ranks 94th in the NCAA. The Dolphins rank 135th in assists allowed per game (13.5).
- Jacksonville ranks 122nd in rebounds per game (36.2) while Stetson ranks 261st in rebounds allowed per game (39.1).
- The Hatters rank 107th in three pointers attempted per game (23.0) while the Dolphins rank 231st (18.9).
- Stetson averages 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 78th in the NCAA. Jacksonville ranks 131st in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- The Hatters average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.8, up from 1.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Dolphins have scored an average of 74.6 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.6 points per game (3.7 below their season average).