The Jacksonville Dolphins (12-15, 6-4 Asun) will travel to KSU Convocation Center to meet the Kennesaw State Owls (8-17, 4-6 Asun) in their home finale. Action begins at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Jacksonville Dolphins vs. Kennesaw State Owls Odds Preview
In the Dolphins last outing, they lost big to the Lipscomb Bisons, 82-59. With 13 points on 4-for-8 shooting, JD Notae was Jacksonville’s leading scorer. Lipscomb had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.6 (above their season average of 28.9). Jacksonville, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (16.8 vs. 18.1).
The Owls will look to keep it rolling after defeating the North Florida Ospreys in their last matchup, 89-81. Kennesaw State rallied around Nick Masterson, who was the games leading scorer with 28 points on 11-for-20 shooting. Kennesaw State played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 40.4 (above their season average of 29.6) and a turnover percentage of 9.2 (better than their season average of 17.0). For those same stats, North Florida recorded marks of 18.8 and 17.0, respectively.
It could be a sloppy game for the Kennesaw State offense. Kennesaw State ranks 203rd in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.1 percent), while the gambling defense of Jacksonville forces the 99th-most turnovers in the NCAA (20.3 percent).
Masterson has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Kennesaw State, averaging 16.2 points per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Dolphins won 65-58. Jacksonville’s 0.483 effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Kennesaw State, who had a mark of 0.342. Devin Harris had a standout performance in the victory, putting up 14 points, eight rebounds and eight assists.
Jacksonville Dolphins vs. Kennesaw State Owls Betting Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – Jacksonville, ATS Winner – Jacksonville, O/U – Under
- The Owls rank 106th in assists per game (14.5) while the Dolphins rank 128th in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- Kennesaw State averages 7.2 steals per game, which ranks 57th in the NCAA. Jacksonville ranks 174th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- The Dolphins average 35.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 133rd in the NCAA. The Owls rank 193rd in rebounds allowed per game (35.9).
- Jacksonville ranks 255th in three pointers attempted per game (18.5) while Kennesaw State ranks 300th (14.8).
- The Owls have outscored opponents by an average of 4.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Kennesaw State has been defeated by an average of 5.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Dolphins have scored an average of 64.0 points per game (8.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.2 points per game (2.2 below their season average).