The North Carolina State Wolfpack (9-3) will be at home in PNC Arena when they take on the Jacksonville Dolphins (4-9). Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Jacksonville Dolphins at North Carolina State Wolfpack Free Preview
The Dolphins fell to the Northern Arizona Lumberjacks in their last contest, 83-72. Jalyn Hinton had a good game for Jacksonville, leading the team in scoring with 18 points on 7-for-10 shooting. Northern Arizona had an effective field goal percentage of 0.667 (above their season average of 0.434). Jacksonville, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 11.8 (better than their season average of 17.5).
In the Wolfpack’s last game, they topped the Robert Morris Colonials, 81-69. North Carolina State received a boost from Torin Dorn, who was the top scorer from either team with 17 points on 5-for-8 shooting. North Carolina State played a flawless game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.500 (above their season average of 0.294) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.0 (above their season average of 35.9). Robert Morris had marks of 0.197 and 31.9, respectively, for those same stats.
North Carolina State appears to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Wolfpack rank 44th in offensive efficiency, while Jacksonville ranks 204th in defensive efficiency.
Jacksonville Dolphins vs. North Carolina State Wolfpack Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Jacksonville, ATS Winner – Jacksonville, O/U – Over
- The Dolphins rank 65th in steals per game (7.3) while the Wolfpack rank 121st in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- North Carolina State ranks 79th in blocks per game (3.9) while Jacksonville ranks 80th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- North Carolina State ranks 73rd in rebounds per game (38.3) while Jacksonville ranks 236th in rebounds allowed per game (39.3).
- The Wolfpack rank 69th in three pointers allowed per game (20.2) while the Dolphins rank 225th (25.2).
- North Carolina State averages 15.3 assists per game, which ranks 81st in the NCAA. Jacksonville ranks 183rd in assists allowed per game (14.8).
- The Wolfpack’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.0, matching their season average.
- During their last five games, the Dolphins have scored an average of 70.4 points per game (3.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.8 points per game (7.6 below their season average).