The Michigan Wolverines (10-3) look to prolong an eight-game home winning streak when they take on the Jacksonville Dolphins (5-10) at Crisler Center. Tip-off is set for 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 30, 2017.
Jacksonville Dolphins vs. Michigan Wolverines ATS Preview
In the Dolphins last outing, they had no trouble getting past the Middle Georgia State Knights, 81-60. JD Notae was the games leading scorer with 30 points on 11-for-16 shooting. Jacksonville dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.300 (above their season average of 0.212) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.1 (above their season average of 28.7). For those same stats, Middle Georgia State was 0.091 and 18.2, respectively.
The Wolverines hope to maintain momentum after dismantling the Alabama A&M Bulldogs in their last matchup, 97-47. Michigan received a boost from Charles Matthews, who was the top scorer from either team with 31 points on 12-for-15 shooting. The Wolverines forced 25 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.725 (above their season average of 0.549).
Michigan could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their productive offense squares off against one of the worst defenses in the nation. The Wolverines currently rank 52nd in offensive efficiency, while Jacksonville ranks 255th in defensive efficiency.
Notae has been on fire over the last five games for Jacksonville, averaging 15.6 points, 5.4 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 1.8 steals per game.
Jacksonville Dolphins at Michigan Wolverines Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Jacksonville, ATS Winner – Jacksonville, O/U – Over
- The Wolverines rank 41st in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Dolphins rank 72nd (3.3).
- Michigan ranks sixth in three pointers allowed per game (15.9) while Jacksonville ranks 189th (26.5).
- The Wolverines rank 17th in assists allowed per game (10.3) while the Dolphins rank 169th (15.5).
- Michigan ranks fourth in steals allowed per game (4.0) while Jacksonville ranks 70th (6.5).
- The Wolverines average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.2, down from 14.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Dolphins have scored an average of 76.0 points per game (2.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.6 points per game (0.2 below their season average).