The Jacksonville Dolphins (7-5) will travel to Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center to meet the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (8-3). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 20, 2018, and can be seen on ACC Network.
Jacksonville Dolphins at Notre Dame Fighting Irish Betting Odds
In their last game, the Fighting Irish were victorious over the UIC Flames, 84-67, while the Dolphins were beaten by the Florida A&M Rattlers, 65-50.
The Fighting Irish had a much better free throw rate (0.581 vs. 0.203) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (42.9 vs. 25.0). Jacksonville, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of making free throws (19-22; 86.4 percent). Nate Laszewski played well for Notre Dame with 12 points and nine rebounds. Dave Bell, meanwhile had a good outing for Jacksonville, putting up 12 points and nine rebounds.
There’s a decent chance that Jacksonville struggles to create turnovers. Notre Dame ranks third in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.6 percent), while Jacksonville forces the 186th-most turnovers (19.7 percent). It will also be a matchup of contrasting paces as the up-tempo Dolphins rank 31st in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Fighting Irish rank 255th.
Jacksonville Dolphins at Notre Dame Fighting Irish Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Notre Dame, O/U – Over
- Notre Dame averages 40.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 36th in the NCAA. Jacksonville ranks 219th in rebounds allowed per game (38.7).
- The Dolphins rank 42nd in assists allowed per game (11.2) while the Fighting Irish rank 110th (12.9).
- Notre Dame ranks 15th in blocks per game (5.5) while Jacksonville ranks 64th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- The Dolphins rank 46th in three pointers allowed per game (19.7) while the Fighting Irish rank 208th (25.3).
- Notre Dame ranks 21st in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Jacksonville ranks 144th (7.5).
- The Fighting Irish’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.2, up from 9.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Dolphins have scored an average of 66.6 points per game (11.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.6 points per game (0.3 above their season average).