The Georgetown Hoyas will commence their season when they square off with the Jacksonville Dolphins (0-1) at Verizon Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 12 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 12, 2017.
Jacksonville Dolphins vs. Georgetown Hoyas Free Preview
The last time the Dolphins played, they lost big to the UAB Blazers, 96-67. Jacksonville’s Devin Harris recorded 16 points, five rebounds and five assists in the contest. UAB did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (18-22; 81.8 percent). Jacksonville, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (18.7 vs. 19.4).
Last season, Georgetown did not reach the tournament following a 14-18 regular season campaign.
It could be an error-filled game for the Georgetown offense. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, Georgetown ranks 289th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.4 percent), while the pesky defense of Jacksonville forced the 60th-most turnovers in the NCAA (20.8 percent). Also, the Dolphins’ 29th-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.550) will clash against the Hoyas’ 53rd-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.474).
Jacksonville Dolphins vs. Georgetown Hoyas Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Georgetown, ATS Winner – Georgetown, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hoyas rank 74th in assists per game (15.0) while the Dolphins rank 228th in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- Georgetown ranks 161st in rebounds per game (35.7) while Jacksonville ranks 281st (32.6).
- Georgetown ranks 45th in blocks per game (4.6) while Jacksonville ranks 266th (1.9).
- The Dolphins rank 20th in steals per game (8.0) while the Hoyas rank 237th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- Jacksonville ranks 43rd in three pointers attempted per game (24.8) while Georgetown ranks 260th (18.4).