The Jackson State Tigers (3-8) can snap a seven-game road losing streak when they square off with the Toledo Rockets (5-5) at Savage Arena. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 20, 2017.
Jackson State Tigers vs. Toledo Rockets Free Preview
The Tigers got blown out by the Southern Illinois Salukis in their last contest, 69-51. Paris Collins put together a solid game for Jackson State, leading the team in scoring with 15 points on 5-for-14 shooting. Southern Illinois did a great job of making free throws (22-28; 78.6 percent). Jackson State, on the other hand, forced the Salukis into a turnover percentage of 25.9 (above their season average of 17.5).
The last time the Rockets played, they were blown out by the Wright State Raiders, 77-69. With 15 points, 10 rebounds and five steals, Tre’Shaun Fletcher had a solid outing for Toledo. Wright State did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (22-30; 73.3 percent). Toledo, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.484 vs. 0.482).
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of Toledo. Toledo ranks 132nd in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 18.4 percent), while the disruptive defense of Jackson State forces the 12th-most turnovers in the nation (25.4 percent). Additionally, the Tigers rank 344th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.151), while the Rockets rank 50th in opponents FTA rate (0.186).
Jackson State Tigers at Toledo Rockets Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Jackson State, ATS Winner – Jackson State, O/U – Under
- The Rockets rank 108th in rebounds per game (37.0) while the Tigers rank 169th in rebounds allowed per game (36.5).
- Toledo averages 4.0 blocks per game, which ranks 74th in the nation. Jackson State ranks 113th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Jackson State ranks 24th in steals per game (8.6) while Toledo ranks 196th (4.2).
- The Rockets rank 49th in three pointers attempted per game (25.5) while the Tigers rank 127th (22.4).
- Toledo averages 15.4 assists per game, which ranks 71st in the nation. Jackson State ranks 141st in assists allowed per game (13.8).
- The Rockets average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.4, up from 2.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 57.6 points per game (3.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.6 points per game (0.1 below their season average).