SWAC foes will battle when the Prairie View A&M Panthers (9-16, 6-5 SWAC) meet the Jackson State Tigers (10-15, 7-5 SWAC) at William Nicks Center. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Monday, February 12, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Jackson State Tigers vs. Prairie View A&M Panthers Odds Preview
The Tigers were beaten by the Texas Southern Tigers in their last outing, 86-75. Jackson State’s Maurice Rivers finished with 21 points and six rebounds in the game. Texas Southern’s 6.2 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over Jackson State, who had a mark of 12.6.
The last time the Panthers played, they were beaten by the Grambling State Tigers, 90-85. Gary Blackston was Prairie View A&M’s high scorer with 25 points on 7-for-15 shooting. Grambling State did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (28-37; 75.7 percent). Prairie View A&M, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.549 vs. 0.508).
Contrasting tempos will be on display in this meeting. Prairie View A&M prefers to play fast (82nd in possessions per game), while Jackson State is more half-court-oriented (340th in possessions per game). Additionally, the Tigers commit the 54th-fewest errors in the NCAA (turnover percentage of 16.8 percent), while the disruptive defense of the Panthers causes the 24th-most (opponents turnover percentage of 22.8 percent).
These teams have already met once this season. The Tigers won 79-71. Jackson State’s 0.607 effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over Prairie View A&M, who had a mark of 0.421. Jeremiah Jefferson was the games top overall scorer with 28 points.
Jackson State Tigers at Prairie View A&M Panthers ATS Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Prairie View A&M, ATS Winner – Prairie View A&M, O/U – Under
- The Panthers rank 200th in assists per game (12.5) while the Tigers rank 246th (11.3).
- Jackson State ranks 11th in steals allowed per game (4.6) while Prairie View A&M ranks 97th (5.9).
- The Tigers rank 36th in three pointers allowed per game (19.2) while the Panthers rank 97th (20.8).
- Prairie View A&M ranks 179th in rebounds allowed per game (35.7) while Jackson State ranks 235th (37.4).
- The Panthers have outscored opponents by an average of 10.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Prairie View A&M has lost by an average of 3.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 64.4 points per game (1.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.4 points per game (0.8 below their season average).