A seven-game home winning streak is on the line for the Prairie View A&M Panthers (13-11, 9-2 SWAC) when they clash against the Jackson State Tigers (10-15, 7-5 SWAC) at William Nicks Center. The game will air on ESPNU at 9 p.m. ET on Monday, February 17, 2020.
Jackson State Tigers vs. Prairie View A&M Panthers Betting Odds
In their last game, the Panthers defeated the Grambling State Tigers, 75-69, while the Tigers lost a close one to the Texas Southern Tigers, 77-74.
The Panthers had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 46.9 (above their season average of 28.5) and had a turnover percentage of 13.1 (better than their season average of 18.3). Jackson State, meanwhile, made 10 of their 22 three pointers (45.5 percent). Prairie View A&M was lifted by Devonte Patterson, who finished with 20 points and 17 rebounds. Roland Griffin, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Jackson State with 21 points and six assists.
In their first matchup this season, Darius Williams led the Panthers to a 74-60 victory. He was the game’s leading scorer with 27 points. One of Prairie View A&M’s largest strengths was getting to the charity stripe. They had 32 free throw attempts, while Jackson State had 21.
It might be an error-filled game for the Prairie View A&M offense. Prairie View A&M ranks 279th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.5 percent), while the gambling defense of Jackson State forces the 25th-most turnovers in the nation (23.2 percent).
Jackson State Tigers at Prairie View A&M Panthers Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Prairie View A&m, ATS Winner – Prairie View A&M, O/U – Over
- Jackson State ranks 17th in three pointers allowed per game (17.2) while Prairie View A&M ranks 98th (20.4).
- The Panthers rank 265th in rebounds per game (32.6) while the Tigers rank 273rd (32.1).
- The Panthers rank 15th in steals per game (8.9) while the Tigers rank 81st in steals allowed per game (5.9).
- Jackson State ranks 60th in blocks per game (3.9) while Prairie View A&M ranks 119th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- The Panthers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.4, up from 2.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (5.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 59.0 points per game (10.4 below their season average).