The Jackson State Tigers (2-6) will try to end a five-game road losing streak when they take on the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (6-2) at Thomas Assembly Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Jackson State Tigers vs. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs Odds Preview
In the Tigers last matchup, they were beaten by the Central Michigan Chippewas, 70-63. With 19 points on 8-for-14 shooting, Paris Collins was Jackson State’s high scorer. Central Michigan did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (16-19; 84.2 percent). Jackson State, meanwhile, forced the Chippewas into a turnover percentage of 24.5 (above their season average of 14.4).
The Bulldogs are hoping for a better outcome after their 85-83 loss to the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks in their last matchup. DaQuan Bracey led Louisiana Tech in scoring with 19 points on 6-for-12 shooting. Stephen F. Austin had a turnover percentage of 11.9 (better than their season average of 19.3). Louisiana Tech, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (22-26; 84.6 percent).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Louisiana Tech should have a significant advantage. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Bulldogs defense ranks 56th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.472), while the Jackson State offense ranks 347th in effective field goal percentage (0.444). Furthermore, the Tigers, who rank 306th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.207), will face off against the Bulldogs, who rank 29th in opponents FTA rate (0.190).
Jackson State Tigers at Louisiana Tech Bulldogs Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Louisiana Tech, ATS Winner – Louisiana Tech, O/U – Under
etting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Tigers rank 33rd in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while the Bulldogs rank 74th (19.8).
- Louisiana Tech averages 37.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 86th in the NCAA. Jackson State ranks 125th in rebounds allowed per game (34.5).
- Louisiana Tech ranks 44th in assists per game (15.9) while Jackson State ranks 295th (11.1).
- The Bulldogs rank 18th in blocks per game (5.4) while the Tigers rank 223rd (2.6).
- Jackson State ranks 25th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Louisiana Tech ranks 92nd (5.8).