The Central Michigan Chippewas (5-1) will be at home in McGuirk Arena when they clash against the Jackson State Tigers (2-5). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 1, 2017.
Jackson State Tigers vs. Central Michigan Chippewas ATS Preview
The Tigers fell to the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks in their last game, 65-52. With 11 points on 3-for-10 shooting, Paris Collins was Jackson State’s leading scorer. Louisiana-Monroe did a terrific job of making free throws (12-15; 80.0 percent). Jackson State, meanwhile, forced the Warhawks into a turnover percentage of 21.7 (above their season average of 15.9).
The last time the Chippewas played, they defeated the Bakersfield Roadrunners, 75-72. Central Michigan’s Luke Meyer had a good outing, putting up 14 points. Central Michigan dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.370 (above their season average of 0.248) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.630 (above their season average of 0.533). Bakersfield had marks of 0.148 and 0.593, respectively, for those same stats.
It will be a battle of contrasting tempos as the fast-paced Chippewas will look to push the more methodical Tigers. Since the 2016-17 season, the Chippewas rank seventh in possessions per game while the Tigers are 332nd. Also, the Tigers, who rank 35th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.5 percent), will attempt to exploit the Chippewas, who rank 285th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.6 percent).
Jackson State Tigers at Central Michigan Chippewas Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Jackson State, ATS Winner – Jackson State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Tigers rank 23rd in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Chippewas rank 83rd (5.7).
- Central Michigan ranks 177th in blocks per game (3.0) while Jackson State ranks 229th (2.6).
- Jackson State ranks 32nd in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while Central Michigan ranks 309th (25.9).
- The Tigers rank 131st in rebounds allowed per game (34.5) while the Chippewas rank 320th (41.0).
- Jackson State ranks 88th in assists allowed per game (12.2) while Central Michigan ranks 248th (14.5).