The St. Bonaventure Bonnies (0-1) will be at home in the Reilly Center when they clash against the Jackson State Tigers (0-1). The game gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 10, 2018.
Jackson State Tigers vs. St. Bonaventure Bonnies ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last contest. The Bonnies lost a winnable game to the Bucknell Bison, 88-85, while the Tigers fell to the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks, 75-66.
Jackson State had a better turnover percentage (15.7 vs. 19.5) while St. Bonaventure had a better turnover percentage (14.0 vs. 15.9). St. Bonaventure was lifted by LaDarien Griffin, who finished with 13 points and 10 rebounds. Chris Howell played well for Jackson State, putting up 15 points and eight rebounds.
The Bonnies won the lone game between these two teams last season, 72-58. St. Bonaventure did a great job of getting and making free throws (19-27; 70.4 percent). Jackson State, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (30.4 vs. 23.5).
Ball protection could play an integral role in this meeting. Dating back to last season, St. Bonaventure has committed the 41st-fewest miscues in the country (turnover percentage of 16.6 percent), while the disruptive defense of Jackson State has forced the 16th-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 22.7 percent). ,
Jackson State Tigers at St. Bonaventure Bonnies Free Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – St. Bonaventure, ATS Winner – St. Bonaventure, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Jackson State ranks 22nd in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while St. Bonaventure ranks 271st (24.5).
- The Tigers are 14th in the country with 4.8 steals allowed per game while the Bonnies are 35th with 5.2 steals allowed per game.
- Jackson State blocks 2.8 opponent shots per game, which ranks 187th in the nation. St. Bonaventure ranks 190th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- The Bonnies rank 139th in assists per game (13.9) while the Tigers rank 284th (11.0).
- St. Bonaventure ranks 158th in rebounds allowed per game (34.8) while Jackson State ranks 268th (37.5).