The IUPUI Jaguars (2-6) can snap a five-game road losing streak when they clash against the Washington State Cougars (6-3) at Wallis Beasley Performing Arts Coliseum. Action starts at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
IUPUI Jaguars vs. Washington State Cougars Free Preview
In the Jaguars last game, they were blown out by the No. 21 Purdue Boilermakers, 86-61. Maurice Kirby had a solid performance for IUPUI, leading the team in scoring with 16 points on 8-for-12 shooting. One of Purdue’s largest strengths was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 16-17 (94.1 percent), while the Jaguars were 8-11 (72.7 percent).
The Cougars are hoping for a better outcome after their 76-69 loss to the UTEP Miners in their last contest. With 14 points and nine rebounds, Washington State’s Robert Franks had a solid game. UTEP did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (21-22; 95.5 percent). Washington State, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.4 (above their season average of 22.1).
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Washington State should have a substantial edge. Since the 2016-17 season, the Cougars offense ranks 53rd in that metric at 0.528, while the IUPUI defense ranks 300th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.541).
IUPUI Jaguars at Washington State Cougars Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Washington State, ATS Winner – Washington State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cougars rank 28th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while the Jaguars rank 75th (5.8).
- IUPUI averages 34.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 213th in the nation. Washington State ranks 216th in rebounds allowed per game (36.5).
- IUPUI ranks 72nd in three pointers allowed per game (20.0) while Washington State ranks 257th (23.8).
- The Cougars rank 42nd in blocks allowed per game (2.9) while the Jaguars rank 154th (4.0).
- IUPUI averages 14.2 assists per game, which ranks 120th in the nation. Washington State ranks 187th in assists allowed per game (14.6).