he IUPUI Jaguars (3-8) will try to snap a seven-game road losing streak when they go head-to-head with the Northern Kentucky Norse (7-5) at BB&T Arena. Northern Kentucky is a 16.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 147.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 28, 2017.
IUPUI Jaguars vs. Northern Kentucky Norse Betting Preview
he last time the Jaguars played, they defeated the Indiana-Kokomo Cougars, 87-76. T.J. Henderson was the games high scorer with 19 points on 8-for-12 shooting. The Jaguars, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.483, had a great mark of 0.551 and had a better offensive rebounding percentage (28.2 vs. 27.3).
he Norse are trying to rebound after their 64-58 loss to the No. 8 Texas A&M Aggies in their last game. Drew McDonald led Northern Kentucky in scoring with 16 points on 6-for-19 shooting. Texas A&M had a free throw rate of 0.258 (above their season average of 0.205). Northern Kentucky, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (11.6 vs. 14.3).
orthern Kentucky could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their high-octane offense squares off against one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. The Norse rank 48th in offensive efficiency, while IUPUI ranks 307th in defensive efficiency.
oth of these teams have a tendency to finish under the O/U total. IUPUI games have finished under 55.6 percent of the time, while 55.6 percent of games including Northern Kentucky have gone under. The Norse come into this game with a significant advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 7-5 SU and 7-2 ATS, while the Jaguars are 3-8 SU and 3-6 ATS.
cDonald has been on fire over the last five games for Northern Kentucky, averaging 18.2 points and 7.4 rebounds per game.
IUPUI Jaguars at Northern Kentucky Norse Odds Prediction
redictions: SU Winner – Northern Kentucky, ATS Winner – Northern Kentucky, O/U – Under
- Northern Kentucky ranks 20th in assists per game (17.9) while IUPUI ranks 138th in assists allowed per game (14.7).
- The Norse rank 32nd in steals per game (8.3) while the Jaguars rank 88th (6.8).
- Northern Kentucky ranks 49th in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while IUPUI ranks 66th (21.2).
- The Norse’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.0, down from 15.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jaguars have scored an average of 71.8 points per game (1.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 83.4 points per game (6.9 above their season average).