The IUPUI Jaguars (3-10, 0-2 Hor) can end a nine-game road losing streak when they square off against the Green Bay Phoenix (7-8, 2-0 Hor) at Resch Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 144.5 points with Green Bay set as a 4.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
IUPUI Jaguars vs. Green Bay Phoenix ATS Preview
In the Jaguars last matchup, they fell to the Wright State Raiders, 60-52. Jaylen Minnett put together a good game for IUPUI, leading the team in scoring with 11 points on 3-for-5 shooting. Wright State held the Jaguars to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4 (below their season average of 32.5). IUPUI, meanwhile, forced the Raiders into a turnover percentage of 26.1 (above their season average of 17.4).
The Phoenix will look to keep it rolling after edging the Oakland Golden Grizzlies in their last matchup, 80-79. Green Bay’s Sandy Cohen III played a key role with 17 points and 12 rebounds. The Phoenix knocked down 15 of their 17 free throws (88.2 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.524 (above their season average of 0.476).
This game should be a showdown of opposite tempos. Green Bay has preferred to play up-tempo (37th in possessions per game), while IUPUI has been more methodical (265th in possessions per game).
Of IUPUI’s 11 games with betting action, seven have finished under the projected point total, while 5 of Green Bay’s 10 games have finished over the O/U total. The Phoenix come into this game with much better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 7-8 SU and 6-4 ATS, while the Jaguars are 3-10 SU and 4-7 ATS.
IUPUI Jaguars vs. Green Bay Phoenix ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Green Bay, ATS Winner – IUPUI, O/U – Under
- The Phoenix average 14.1 assists per game, which ranks 125th in the NCAA. The Jaguars rank 179th in assists allowed per game (14.8).
- IUPUI ranks 142nd in blocks per game (2.8) while Green Bay ranks 157th in blocks allowed per game (4.9).
- Green Bay ranks 40th in rebounds per game (39.9) while IUPUI ranks 246th (32.1).
- The Jaguars rank 75th in three pointers allowed per game (20.5) while the Phoenix rank 232nd (25.3).
- Green Bay ranks 50th in steals per game (7.5) while IUPUI ranks 117th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- The Phoenix’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.6, up from 3.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jaguars have scored an average of 65.6 points per game (2.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.2 points per game (1.9 above their season average).