The IUPUI Jaguars (2-5) will attempt to snap the five-game winning streak of Purdue when they travel to Mackey Arena to take on the No. 21 Boilermakers (9-2). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 147.5 points with Purdue opening as a 29.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 10, 2017.
IUPUI Jaguars vs. Purdue Boilermakers Free Preview
The last time the Jaguars played, they lost a tough one against the SIUE Cougars, 82-81. With 25 points on 8-for-16 shooting, Aaron Brennan was the top scorer from either team. SIUE had a free throw rate of 0.362 (above their season average of 0.198). IUPUI, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 12.3 (better than their season average of 18.5).
The Boilermakers hope to maintain momentum after thoroughly outplaying the Valparaiso Crusaders in their last contest, 80-50. Purdue was lifted by Vincent Edwards, who was the teams high scorer with 15 points on 6-for-12 shooting. Purdue played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.274 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 11.0 (better than their season average of 14.4). Valparaiso was 0.117 and 21.6, respectively, for those same stats.
Purdue could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their high-octane offense faces off against one of the NCAA’s worst defenses. The Boilermakers rank eighth in offensive efficiency, while IUPUI ranks 303rd in defensive efficiency since the 2016-17 season.
Of IUPUI’s 6 games with betting action, three have finished over the O/U total, while 5 of Purdue’s 10 games have finished over the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Boilermakers have a sizable advantage. They are 9-2 SU and 7-3 ATS, while the Jaguars are 2-5 SU and 2-4 ATS.
IUPUI Jaguars at Purdue Boilermakers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Purdue, ATS Winner – IUPUI, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Jaguars average 22.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 108th in the NCAA. The Boilermakers rank 152nd in three pointers allowed per game (21.1).
- Purdue ranks 33rd in steals allowed per game (6.2) while IUPUI ranks 76th (5.7).
- Purdue ranks 48th in rebounds per game (38.0) while IUPUI ranks 210th (34.2).
- The Boilermakers average 3.3 blocks per game, which ranks 11th in the nation. The Jaguars rank 165th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Purdue averages 18.2 assists per game, which ranks 15th in the nation. IUPUI ranks 127th in assists allowed per game (13.3).