Hor foes will battle when the Detroit Titans (6-17, 2-8 Hor) square off against the IUPUI Jaguars (7-14, 4-6 Hor) at Calihan Hall. Detroit is a 1.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 152.5 points. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, February 2, 2018.
IUPUI Jaguars vs. Detroit Titans ATS Preview
The Jaguars were beaten by the UIC Flames in their last outing, 71-62. IUPUI’s Ron Patterson had a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 18 points on 6-for-12 shooting. UIC held the Jaguars to an effective field goal percentage of 0.398 (below their season average of 0.488). IUPUI, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.352 (above their season average of 0.191).
In the Titans last matchup, they were beaten by the Northern Kentucky Norse, 72-44. With six points and 10 rebounds, Kameron Chatman put together a solid game for Detroit. Northern Kentucky held the Titans to an effective field goal percentage of 0.311 (below their season average of 0.516). Detroit, meanwhile, forced the Norse into a turnover percentage of 21.4 (above their season average of 14.8).
It will be a battle of conflicting paces as the fast-paced Titans (ranked 12th in the nation in possessions per game) will look to push the more methodical Jaguars (234th in possessions per game).
Of IUPUI’s 19 games that accepted bets, 13 have finished under the O/U total, while 11 of Detroit’s 21 games have finished over the O/U total. The Jaguars have the superior straight up (SU) record (7-14 vs. 6-17) and a narrow edge against the spread (ATS) (8-11 vs. 8-12-1).
These teams have already met once this season. The Jaguars won 81-66. The Jaguars dominated every facet of the game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 30.3 and a superb free throw rate of 0.259. For those same stats, the Titans put up marks of 17.1 and 0.158, respectively. Jermaine Jackson Jr. was the games top overall scorer with 22 points.
IUPUI Jaguars vs. Detroit Titans Odds Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Detroit, ATS Winner – Detroit, O/U – Under
- The Jaguars average 7.3 steals per game, which ranks 53rd in the nation. The Titans rank 141st in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- IUPUI averages 3.3 blocks per game, which ranks 112th in the nation. Detroit ranks 170th in blocks allowed per game (4.4).
- On the road, IUPUI is 4-9 ATS with 9 unders, 3 overs and 1 push.
- Detroit is 4-4-1 ATS at home with 5 overs and 4 unders.
- IUPUI ranks 132nd in rebounds allowed per game (34.6) while Detroit ranks 271st (39.2).
- The Titans rank 45th in three pointers attempted per game (25.7) while the Jaguars rank 168th (21.3).
- IUPUI ranks 159th in assists per game (13.5) while Detroit ranks 252nd in assists allowed per game (17.0).
- Detroit is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, IUPUI is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 push.
- The Titans average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 15.8, up from 7.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jaguars have scored an average of 67.8 points per game (0.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.6 points per game (2.5 below their season average).