The IUPUI Jaguars (16-16), 6.5-point underdogs, clash against the Marshall Thundering Herd (19-14) in the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament at Henderson Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 163.5 points and it gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 19, 2019.
IUPUI Jaguars vs. Marshall Thundering Herd ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last outing. The Thundering Herd fell to the Southern Miss Golden Eagles, 82-73, while the Jaguars were defeated by the Wright State Raiders, 71-56.
IUPUI did a great job of making free throws (12-17; 70.6 percent) while Marshall had a better turnover percentage (15.5 vs. 15.2). Jon Elmore played well for Marshall, finishing with 18 points, 11 assists and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, IUPUI was lifted by Jaylen Minnett, who put up 17 points.
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Jaguars games, with 16 overs compared to 14 unders. IUPUI comes into the game with records of 16-16 straight up (SU) and 12-15-3 against the spread (ATS).
Similarly to IUPUI, Thundering Herd games have finished over the projected point total 51.5 percent of the time. Moreover, Marshall is 19-14 SU and 12-21 ATS.
It will be a battle of conflicting tempos as the up-and-down Thundering Herd (ranked seventh in the NCAA in possessions per game) will look to push the more grind-it-out Jaguars (115th in possessions per game). Furthermore, the Jaguars are among the NCAA’s best on the offensive backboards, ranking 22nd in offensive rebounding percentage (34.9 percent). The Thundering Herd, meanwhile, rank 338th at securing defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 66.2 percent.
IUPUI at Marshall Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Marshall, ATS Winner – IUPUI, O/U – Over
- IUPUI ranks 54th in rebounds allowed per game (32.6) while Marshall ranks 299th (42.0).
- The Thundering Herd rank 41st in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Jaguars rank 188th (4.3).
- Marshall ranks 79th in assists per game (14.4) while IUPUI ranks 179th in assists allowed per game (13.6).
- The Thundering Herd rank eighth in three pointers attempted per game (28.9) while the Jaguars rank 219th (20.9).
- Marshall ranks sixth in steals per game (9.2) while IUPUI ranks 185th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- During their last five games, the Thundering Herd have scored an average of 82.0 points per game (1.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.6 points per game (8.0 below their season average).
- The Jaguars have been outscored by an average of 1.6 points in their last five games. On the season, IUPUI has defeated opponents by an average of 2.7 points.