The Iowa State Cyclones and No. 25 Oklahoma State Cowboys will go at it on the turf at Boone Pickens Stadium. This daytime game is scheduled to get underway at 3:30 p.m. ET and ESPN2 has the TV rights.
Betting Preview: Iowa State Cyclones vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys
In this Saturday Big 12 game, Oklahoma State is getting picked as the heavy favorite and the team’s currently giving up 11 points. The Cyclones are also receiving +325 moneyline odds while the Cowboys are -450. There could be some good live betting opportunities in this game, and oddsmakers have placed the over/under (O/U) at 52.5 points.
Sharp bettors are siding with both the Cowboys and the under. The line originally opened at -9 and the over/under was initially set at 54.5.
The Cyclones have lost 2.0 units so far and are 2-2 against the spread (ATS). They’ve been a good under bet and have posted an O/U record of 1-3.
The Cowboys have been a disappointment to moneyline bettors this season, losing 5.5 units. The team is 3-2 ATS and has an even O/U record of 2-2.
The Cyclones have gone an ugly 1-3 straight up (SU), including 0-2 SU against conference opponents. The Cowboys are 4-1 SU overall and are also 1-1 SU in conference play.
The Cyclones are hoping to get back in stride after a narrow 17-14 defeat to TCU last weekTheir defense allowed the Horned Frogs to eat up the clock by rushing for 117 yards on 46 attempts. Sewo Olonilua logged a productive day for the Horned Frogs in that one with 66 rushing yards on 16 attempts. On the offense, Zeb Noland completed only 14 passes on 28 attempts for 79 yards and one touchdown. David Montgomery (101 rushing yards on 21 attempts, one TD) led the ground attack in the loss. Deshaunte Jones (three receptions, 23 yards) and Hakeem Butler (two catches, 14 yards) handled the receiving duties.
The Oklahoma State Cowboys just earned a lopsided 48-28 win over Kansas. The defense allowed the Jayhawks to rush for 121 yards on 32 attempts, along with one rushing TD. Pooka Williams Jr. was outstandingfor the Jayhawks, recording 97 rushing yards and a score on 13 attempts, along with 60 yards on six catches. For Oklahoma State, Taylor Cornelius completed 15-of-20 passes for 312 yards, four touchdowns and one interception. Justice Hill (189 rushing yards on 31 attempts, one TD) and Chuba Hubbard (57 yards on five carries, one TD) mounted the ground game in the win as Landon Wolf (six receptions, 116 yards, one TD) and Tylan Wallace (four catches, 104 yards, one TD) led the receiving attack.
Iowa State has run the ball on 47.6 percent of its offensive possessions this year while Oklahoma State has a rush percentage of 55.5 percent. The Cyclones have produced 89.3 rush yards/game (including 103.0 per game against Big 12 opponents) and have three touchdowns via handoffs this year. The Cowboys are logging 231.0 rushing yards per game (192.0 in conference) and have 13 total rush TDs.
The Cyclones offense has logged 210.3 yards per contest in the air overall (219.5 per game against conference opposition) and has four passing scores so far. The Cowboys have recorded 314.0 pass yards per game (285 against Big 12 foes) and have 13 total pass TDs.
Defensively, Iowa State should have the upper hand when it comes to limiting the pass. The team has allowed 121.0 rush yards and 212.3 pass yards per game. The Oklahoma State defense has given up 262.0 yards per game to opposing passers and 113.4 yards per game on the ground. The Cowboys are allowing an adjusted net yards per pass attempt (ANY/A) of only 5.69 to opposing QBs, while the Cyclones have given up a 6.79 ANY/A.
Cornelius has been sharper than Noland lately. The Cowboys man under center has an adjusted net yards per pass attempt 9.88 for the year and 9.40 across his past two games while Noland’s ANY/A is 6.03 (and 5.14 over the past two outings).
These two teams met last year with the final outcome being a 49-42 victory for Oklahoma State.
Iowa State Cyclones at Oklahoma State Cowboys NCAA Pick
SU Winner: Iowa State, ATS Winner: Iowa State, O/U: Over
Team Betting Notes
- The Oklahoma State defense has sacked opposing QBs 24 times this season. Iowa State has registered just six sacks.
- Oklahoma State has lost three fumbles this season while Iowa State has lost four.
- The Cyclones offense has tallied two pass plays of 40 or more yards, while the Cowboys have accounted for six such plays.
- The Iowa State defense has allowed three pass plays of 40 yards or more, while Oklahoma State has given up zero such plays.
- The Iowa State offense has created two rushing plays of 20 or more yards, while Oklahoma State has created 13 such runs.
- The Cyclones defense has allowed two rushing plays of 20 or more yards, while the Cowboys have given up six such runs.
- Oklahoma State was getting 17 points in its last game and the O/U was set at 56. The over cashed and Oklahoma State covered in the team’s 48-28 victory over Kansas.
- Over its last three games, Oklahoma State is 2-1 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- In its last three contests, Iowa State is 2-1 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- Iowa State was favored by 12 points in its last game and the Over/Under was set at 45. The under cashed and Iowa State failed to cover in the 17-14 loss to TCU.
- As a team, Iowa State has averaged 3.67391304347826 yards per carry over its last three outings and 4.0 over its last two.
- Oklahoma State has averaged 5.2 yards per carry over its last three games and 5.5 over its past two.