Big 12 foes will collide when the Baylor Bears (12-10, 2-7 Big 12) go head-to-head with the Iowa State Cyclones (12-9, 3-6 Big 12) at Ferrell Center. Baylor opened as an 8.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 142.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Iowa State Cyclones vs. Baylor Bears Odds Preview
In the Cyclones last matchup, they were victorious over the No. 15 West Virginia Mountaineers, 93-77. With 18 points and 13 rebounds, Cameron Lard played well for Iowa State. The Cyclones had an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.707 (above their season average of 0.500), while the Mountaineers had a free throw rate of 0.149 (below their season average of 0.243).
The Bears are trying to rebound after their 98-96 loss to the No. 12 Oklahoma Sooners in their last outing. Manu Lecomte led Baylor in scoring with 29 points on 10-for-22 shooting. Oklahoma did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (26-32; 81.3 percent). Baylor, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 9.0 (better than their season average of 16.4).
Baylor should have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Bears currently rank 69th in offensive efficiency, while Iowa State ranks 237th in defensive efficiency. Moreover, the Cyclones rank 59th in turnover percentage (16.9 percent), while the Bears rank 320th in opponents turnover percentage (16.3 percent).
These teams have already met once this season. The Cyclones won 75-65. Iowa State had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.484 vs. 0.373). Baylor, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (40.4 vs. 32.5). Lindell Wigginton was the games leading scorer with 30 points.
Iowa State Cyclones vs. Baylor Bears Odds Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Baylor, ATS Winner – Iowa State, O/U – Over
- The Bears rank 186th in three pointers allowed per game (23.2) while the Cyclones rank 253rd (25.7).
- Baylor ranks 37th in rebounds per game (39.1) while Iowa State ranks 211th in rebounds allowed per game (36.8).
- The Bears average 16.0 assists per game, which ranks 50th in the nation. The Cyclones rank 173rd in assists allowed per game (14.2).
- Iowa State averages 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 60th in the nation. Baylor ranks 142nd in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- The Bears have been outscored by an average of 3.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Baylor has defeated opponents by an average of 7.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Cyclones have scored an average of 67.6 points per game (6.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.2 points per game (0.0 below their season average).