MVC foes will collide when the Evansville Aces (12-7, 2-4 MVC) square off with the Indiana State Sycamores (8-10, 3-3 MVC) at Ford Center. Evansville is a 4.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 132 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 17, 2018.
Indiana State Sycamores vs. Evansville Aces ATS Preview
The Sycamores lost a tough one against the Missouri State Bears in their last contest, 76-73. Indiana State’s Tyreke Key recorded 16 points and six rebounds in the contest. Missouri State had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.3 vs. 25.8). Indiana State, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 13.5 (better than their season average of 18.9).
The last time the Aces played, they were topped by the Drake Bulldogs, 81-65. Ryan Taylor was the games high scorer with 28 points on 9-for-15 shooting. Drake had an effective field goal percentage of 0.625 (above their season average of 0.535). Evansville, on the other hand, did a great job of making free throws (17-23; 73.9 percent).
The physical Evansville offense looks poised to dominate from the charity stripe. The Aces rank 45th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.288, while Indiana State is among the NCAA’s most foul-prone squads (giving up a 299th-ranked FTA rate of 0.285). Furthermore, the Sycamores, who rank 265th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.3 percent), might have a tough time getting put-back points against the Aces, who rank 49th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.0 percent).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Indiana State games have finished over 68.8 percent of the time, while games involving Evansville have finished under 73.3 percent of the time. The Aces come into this game with much better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 12-7 SU and 10-5 ATS, while the Sycamores are 8-10 SU and 7-7-2 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Aces won two out of three meetings last season. In the most recent matchup, Evansville won 83-72. The Aces dominated every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.491 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.509. The Sycamores were 0.250 and 0.404, respectively, for those same stats.
Indiana State Sycamores at Evansville Aces Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Indiana State, ATS Winner – Indiana State, O/U – Over
- The Sycamores rank 82nd in blocks per game (3.8) while the Aces rank 123rd in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Indiana State is 4-4-1 ATS on the road with 6 overs and 3 unders.
- At home, Evansville is 5-2 ATS with 5 unders and 2 overs.
- Indiana State ranks 101st in three pointers attempted per game (23.3) while Evansville ranks 277th (13.4).
- The Aces rank fourth in rebounds allowed per game (29.4) while the Sycamores rank 144th (35.2).
- Indiana State ranks 66th in steals per game (7.1) while Evansville ranks 177th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- Evansville is 4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games. ,
- Over their last five games, Indiana State is 3-1-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Aces average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.6, down from 3.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Sycamores have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (2.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.8 points per game (1.5 below their season average).