The Washington Wizards (39-30) will be at home in Capital One Arena when they take on the Indiana Pacers (40-29). The game can be seen on Fox Sports Midwest – Indiana at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 17, 2018.
Indiana Pacers vs. Washington Wizards ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Wizards edged the Boston Celtics, 125-124, while the Pacers lost to the Toronto Raptors, 106-99.
The Wizards, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.5, had a great mark of 27.7, while the Celtics had a free throw rate of 0.162 (below the 0.216 mark opponents have averaged against Washington this season). Indiana, meanwhile, forced Toronto into a turnover percentage of 17.1 (above their season average of 11.4). Bradley Beal had a solid game for Washington with 34 points, nine assists and seven rebounds. Indiana received a boost from Al Jefferson, who recorded 20 points and 12 rebounds.
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Washington. Washington ranks 16th in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 14.0 percent), while the disruptive defense of Indiana forces the fifth-most turnovers in the league (14.9 percent).
Vegas tends to place the total high when the Pacers are involved, as 41 of their 69 games have gone under the projected point total. Indiana heads into the contest with records of 40-29 straight up (SU) and 39-30 against the spread (ATS).
Similarly to Indiana, games featuring the Wizards have finished under the total 52.2 percent of the time. Further, Washington is 39-30 SU and 31-36-2 ATS.
The Pacers won the most recent matchup 98-95 to even the season series at one. In the victory, Victor Oladipo led all scorers with 33 points. Converting at the free throw line was one of Indiana’s biggest strengths. They were 22-24 (91.7 percent), while the Wizards were 15-19 (78.9 percent). The two teams combined to score 193 points, which was well under the projected point total of 211, and Indiana covered as a 4-point underdog.
Indiana Pacers vs. Washington Wizards Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Under
- The Wizards rank 22nd in blocks per game (4.3) while the Pacers rank 25th (4.1).
- Indiana averages 18.4 points off turnovers per game, which ranks second in the NBA. Washington ranks 18th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.0).
- The Wizards rank 15th in three pointers allowed per game (29.2) while the Pacers rank 27th (30.8).
- Indiana ranks third in fast break points per game (15.0) while Washington ranks 15th (11.6).
- Indiana averages 44.3 points in the paint per game, which ranks 13th in the NBA. Washington ranks 20th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.8).
- The Wizards rank fifth in assists per game (24.8) while the Pacers rank 21st (22.0).
- The Pacers rank 16th in second chance points allowed per game (12.8) while the Wizards rank 26th (13.4).
- Indiana ranks second in steals per game (8.7) while Washington ranks 16th in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- Indiana is 25-2 when they allow less than 100 points, while Washington is 18-3.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Pacers are 32-14 and the Wizards are 36-17.
- Indiana is 19-14 ATS on the road, while Washington is 11-21-2 ATS at home.
- The Pacers have 20 unders, 12 overs and 1 push in 33 road games.
- In 34 home games, the Wizards have 17 overs, 15 unders and 2 pushes.
- The Pacers are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Wizards are 1-3-1.
- In their last five games, Indiana has 5 unders, while Washington has 4 overs and 1 under.
- During their last five games, the Pacers have scored an average of 99.0 points per game (6.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 98.4 points per game (5.9 below their season average).
- The Wizards have been outscored by an average of 1.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Washington has defeated opponents by an average of 1.3 points.