A 14-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the San Antonio Spurs (30-17) when they welcome the Indiana Pacers (24-22) to AT&T Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 199.5 points with San Antonio opening as a 6-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 21, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Midwest – Indiana.
Indiana Pacers vs. San Antonio Spurs Free Preview
In the Pacers last matchup, they lost to the Los Angeles Lakers, 99-86. Indiana’s Domantas Sabonis recorded 15 points and 14 rebounds in the contest. Los Angeles had an effective field goal percentage of 0.606 (above their season average of 0.504). Indiana, meanwhile, did a terrific job of making free throws (10-13; 76.9 percent).
The Spurs are hoping for a better outcome after their 86-83 loss to the Toronto Raptors in their last contest. LaMarcus Aldridge was San Antonio’s high scorer with 17 points on 6-for-25 shooting. Toronto held the Spurs to an effective field goal percentage of 0.368 (below their season average of 0.511). San Antonio, on the other hand, did an excellent job of making free throws (16-20; 80.0 percent).
San Antonio could have trouble getting to the foul line in this battle. The Spurs rank 16th in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.190, while Indiana ranks third in FTA rate allowed (0.163). Moreover, the Pacers fifth-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.533) will face off against the Spurs fifth-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.503).
Both of these teams tend to finish under the projected point total. Indiana games have gone under 58.7 percent of the time, while games involving San Antonio have finished under 59.6 percent of the time. The Spurs have the significant advantage straight up (SU) (30-17 vs. 24-22), but the Pacers have the better against the spread (ATS) record (25-21 vs. 24-19-4).
Sabonis has been excellent over the last five games for Indiana, averaging 11.6 points and 11.0 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 191 points, well under the projected point total of 209. The Pacers won 97-94, covering as 6.5-point underdogs. Indiana’s 0.195 free throw rate was their biggest advantage over San Antonio, who had a rate of 0.144. Sabonis recorded a double-double with 22 points and 12 rebounds.
Indiana Pacers at San Antonio Spurs Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Spurs, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- The Pacers rank fifth in steals allowed per game (7.0) while the Spurs rank 17th (7.9).
- San Antonio averages 44.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 11th in the league. Indiana ranks 16th in rebounds allowed per game (42.9).
- Indiana ranks fourth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.8) while San Antonio ranks 13th (15.7).
- On the road, Indiana is 12-10 ATS with 12 unders and 10 overs.
- San Antonio is 15-5-1 ATS at home with 11 overs and 10 unders.
- San Antonio is 20-8 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Indiana is 14-2.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Spurs are 23-3 and the Pacers are 21-9.
- The Spurs rank 14th in second chance points per game (12.7) while the Pacers rank 19th in second chance points allowed per game (12.9).
- San Antonio ranks first in blocks allowed per game (3.5) while Indiana ranks 23rd (5.3).
- The Pacers rank third in fast break points per game (14.8) while the Spurs rank 24th (9.4).
- The Pacers rank 24th in three pointers attempted per game (24.8) while the Spurs rank 26th (24.2).
- Indiana ranks 13th in points in the paint per game (44.3) while San Antonio ranks 26th (41.3).
- San Antonio is 2-2-1 ATS with 5 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Indiana is 3-2 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Spurs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.8, up from 3.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pacers have scored an average of 99.6 points per game (6.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 97.0 points per game (8.7 below their season average).