The Indiana Pacers (27-14) travel to Madison Square Garden to clash with the New York Knicks (10-31). The Knicks are 8.5-point underdogs and can put an end to a six-game home losing streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 219.5 points and it will air on ESPN at 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, January 11, 2019.
Indiana Pacers at New York Knicks Betting Odds
Both teams failed to cover as underdogs in their last matchup. The Pacers (7.5-point underdogs) were defeated by the Boston Celtics, 135-108, while the Knicks (17-point underdogs) fell to the Golden State Warriors, 122-95. The Indiana game went 26.5 points over the projected point total of 216.5, while the New York game went 15.5 points under the projected point total of 232.5.
Indiana had a better turnover percentage (9.4 vs. 11.7) while New York did a fantastic job of making free throws (19-21; 90.5 percent). New York rallied around Enes Kanter, who put up 12 points and 16 rebounds. Domantas Sabonis, meanwhile had a good game for Indiana, finishing with 20 points, seven rebounds and five assists.
In their two matchups this season, the Pacers have won both. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to put up 209 points, which was under the projected point total of 216.5. Indiana won 110-99 but was unable to cover as a 12-point favorite. Indiana’s free throw rate was their largest strength over New York. The Pacers had a rate of 0.207, while the Knicks posted a mark of 0.169. Victor Oladipo scored a game-high 26 points.
Games featuring the Pacers have typically finished under the total (56.1 percent). Indiana holds records of 27-14 straight up (SU) and 20-20-1 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Indiana, a little over half of Knicks games have finished over the total. Further, New York is 10-31 SU and 19-21-1 ATS.
Sabonis has been superb as of late for Indiana, averaging 19 points,10.0 rebounds,3.2 assists over the last five games.
The inefficient offense of New York (24th in the NBA with an offensive efficiency of 103.8) will go head-to-head against the elite defense of Indiana (fourth in the league with a defensive efficiency of 103.2). The Pacers figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Indiana Pacers vs. New York Knicks Odds Pick
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Over
- The Pacers rank 16th in second chance points per game (13.1) while the Knicks rank 22nd in second chance points allowed per game (14.2).
- Indiana ranks fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (43.0) while New York ranks last (52.9).
- The Pacers rank third in steals per game (9.1) while the Knicks rank 23rd (7.2).
- Indiana ranks third in points off turnovers per game (19.6) while New York ranks 23rd (15.3).
- New York ranks 21st in three pointers attempted per game (29.4) while Indiana ranks 28th (25.0).
- The Pacers rank third in rebounds allowed per game (42.6) while the Knicks rank 28th (47.8).
- The Pacers rank 15th in blocks per game (5.1) while the Knicks rank 28th in blocks allowed per game (6.4).
- New York ranks 19th in fast break points per game (11.5) while Indiana ranks 20th in fast break points allowed per game (14.6).
- Indiana ranks eighth in assists per game (25.7) while New York ranks last (19.7).
- New York is 2-0 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Indiana is 13-3.
- The Knicks are 10-22 when they score more than 100 points, while the Pacers are 24-7.
- Indiana is 10-11-1 ATS on the road, while New York is 6-9-1 ATS at home.
- In 22 road games, the Pacers have 13 overs and 9 unders.
- The Knicks have 9 unders and 7 overs in 16 home games.
- The Knicks are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Pacers are 0-5.
- In their last five games, New York has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Indiana has 5 overs.
- During their last five games, the Knicks have scored an average of 104.0 points per game (3.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 117.8 points per game (2.0 above their season average).
- The Pacers have been outscored by an average of 4.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Indiana has defeated opponents by an average of 5.0 points.