The New Orleans Pelicans (41-30) will be at home in Smoothie King Center when they challenge the Indiana Pacers (41-30). Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 21, 2018, and can be seen on Fox Sports – New Orleans.
Indiana Pacers at New Orleans Pelicans Betting Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Pelicans defeated the Dallas Mavericks 115-105, while the Pacers beat the Los Angeles Lakers 110-100.
Indiana played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 5.9 (better than their season average of 12.1) and a free throw rate of 0.207 (above their season average of 0.176). For those same stats, Los Angeles was 11.9 and 0.186, respectively. The Pelicans, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.5 (above their season average of 19.8) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.582 (above their season average of 0.541). Anthony Davis played well for New Orleans with 37 points and eight rebounds. Thaddeus Young had a good outing for Indiana, putting up 18 points and nine rebounds.
Contrasting styles will be on display in this battle. New Orleans prefers an up-tempo style of play (second in possessions per game), while Indiana is methodical (22nd in possessions per game).
Games including the Pacers have a tendency to finish under the total (59.2 percent). Indiana comes into the game with records of 41-30 straight up (SU) and 40-31 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Indiana, Pelicans games have a tendency to finish over the total (60.0 percent). Additionally, New Orleans is 41-30 SU and 38-32 ATS.
In their first matchup this season, Davis led the Pelicans to a 117-112 victory. He notched a double-double with 37 points and 14 rebounds. New Orleans covered as a 1.5-point favorite and the two teams combined to score 229 points, which was over the projected point total of 217.5. New Orleans’ effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Indiana. The Pelicans had a rate of 0.586 while the Pacers posted a mark of 0.522.
Indiana Pacers at New Orleans Pelicans Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- The Pacers rank 15th in rebounds allowed per game (43.0) while the Pelicans rank 25th (45.4).
- Indiana averages 14.8 fast break points per game, which ranks third in the NBA. New Orleans ranks 28th in fast break points allowed per game (14.4).
- The Pacers rank second in steals per game (8.7) while the Pelicans rank 22nd in steals allowed per game (8.2).
- New Orleans ranks second in assists per game (26.6) while Indiana ranks 22nd (22.0).
- Indiana ranks 15th in second chance points allowed per game (12.7) while New Orleans ranks 28th (13.5).
- The Pelicans rank third in blocks per game (5.8) while the Pacers rank 25th (4.2).
- The Pacers rank 13th in points in the paint per game (44.4) while the Pelicans rank 27th in points allowed in the paint per game (47.7).
- New Orleans ranks 18th in three pointers attempted per game (28.3) while Indiana ranks 26th (24.4).
- Indiana ranks second in points off turnovers per game (18.4) while New Orleans ranks 23rd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.5).
- Indiana is 25-2 when they allow below 100 points, while New Orleans is 9-2.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Pelicans are 39-19 and the Pacers are 33-15.
- New Orleans is 15-19 ATS at home, while Indiana is 19-15 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 20 of the Pacers’ 34 road games, while 24 of the Pelicans’ 34 home games have gone over.
- The Pacers are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Pelicans are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Indiana has 4 unders and 1 over, while New Orleans has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Pacers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 1.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pelicans have scored an average of 107.2 points per game (4.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 102.8 points per game (8.2 below their season average).