The Miami Heat (7-8) will be at home in AmericanAirlines Arena when they square off against the Indiana Pacers (8-8). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 206 points with Miami set as a 4-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 5 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 19, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Sun.
Indiana Pacers vs. Miami Heat Free Preview
In the Pacers last contest, they were victorious over the Detroit Pistons, 107-100. Victor Oladipo was the games leading scorer with 21 points on 6-for-19 shooting. Indiana played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.157 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.9 (above their season average of 20.6). For those same stats, Detroit had marks of 0.086 and 22.4, respectively.
The Heat will look to maintain momentum after narrowly defeating the Washington Wizards in their last contest, 91-88. Miami received a boost from Hassan Whiteside, who was the teams high scorer with 22 points on 10-for-12 shooting. The Heat held the Wizards to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.3 (below their season average of 24.1) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.440 (below their season average of 0.526).
Getting to the line might be scarce for Miami in this showdown. The Heat currently rank 27th in the NBA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.172, while Indiana ranks first in FTA rate allowed (0.153). Ball protection should be an advantage for the Pacers. They rank 2nd at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.5 percent), while the Heat force the seventh-fewest turnovers in the league (opponents turnover percentage of 14.0 percent).
Of Indianas 16 games, eight have finished over the projected point total, while 8 of Miamis 15 games have finished under the O/U total. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (8-8 for Indiana; 7-8 for Miami), but the Pacers have the edge against the spread (ATS). Indiana is 9-7 ATS, while the Heat are 5-8-2.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 220 points, which was over the projected point total of 213.5. The Heat won 112-108, covering as 10-point underdogs. Miamis 0.598 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Indiana, who had a rate of 0.484. Oladipo was the top overall scorer in the game with 28 points.
Indiana Pacers vs. Miami Heat ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- The Pacers rank fourth in fast break points per game (14.8) while the Heat rank 22nd (8.5).
- Indiana averages 13.4 second chance points per game, which ranks eighth in the league. Miami ranks 23rd in second chance points allowed per game (13.7).
- Miami ranks fifth in three pointers attempted per game (31.5) while Indiana ranks 22nd (25.2).
- Miami averages 43.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 16th in the league. Indiana ranks 19th in rebounds allowed per game (44.4).
- Miami is 0-5-2 ATS at home, while Indiana is 5-4 ATS on the road.
- Of the Pacers 9 road games, they have 6 overs and 3 unders.
- The Heat have 4 unders and 3 overs in 7 home games.
- Indiana is 3-0 when they allow under 100 points, while Miami is 4-3.
- When scoring more than 100 points, the Heat are 4-4 and the Pacers are 7-4.
- The Pacers rank fourth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.6) while the Heat rank 19th (18.5).
- Indiana ranks third in steals allowed per game (7.1) while Miami ranks 22nd (8.4).
- The Heat rank second in assists allowed per game (17.5) while the Pacers rank 21st (23.8).
- The Heat rank 14th in points allowed in the paint per game (43.2) while the Pacers rank 28th (50.6).
- Miami ranks eighth in blocks per game (5.3) while Indiana ranks 26th in blocks allowed per game (6.2).
- Miami is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Indiana is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Heat have outscored opponents by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Miami has lost by an average of 1.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Pacers have scored an average of 104.0 points per game (4.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 106.4 points per game (2.4 below their season average).