The Los Angeles Lakers (15-29) will be at home in Staples Center when they challenge the Indiana Pacers (24-21). Action gets underway at 10:30 p.m. ET on Friday, January 19, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Midwest – Indiana.
Indiana Pacers at Los Angeles Lakers ATS Preview
The Pacers were beaten by the Portland Trail Blazers in their last contest, 100-86. Indiana’s Thaddeus Young had a good game, recording 10 points and 14 rebounds. Portland did a great job of making free throws (16-16; 100.0 percent). Indiana, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (7.6 vs. 9.8).
In the Lakers last game, they were defeated by the Oklahoma City Thunder, 114-90. Julius Randle was Los Angeles high scorer with 16 points on 8-for-11 shooting. Oklahoma City out-rebounded Los Angeles. The Thunder had more offensive rebounds (21 vs. six), defensive rebounds (33 vs. 24) and total rebounds (54 vs. 30).
Getting to the line could be rare for Los Angeles in this meeting. The Lakers currently rank 23rd in the NBA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.179, while Indiana ranks third in FTA rate allowed (0.166).
Of Indiana’s 44 games with betting action, 25 have finished under the O/U total, while 23 of Los Angeles 44 games have finished over the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Pacers have a substantial advantage. They are 24-21 SU and 25-19 ATS, while the Lakers are 15-29 SU and 21-23 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after splitting two games last season. The Lakers won the most recent contest 108-95. Los Angeles had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.6 vs. 18.6). Indiana, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (18-25; 72.0 percent).
Indiana Pacers at Los Angeles Lakers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- The Pacers rank third in fast break points per game (14.9) while the Lakers rank 20th in fast break points allowed per game (12.2).
- Los Angeles averages 23.5 assists per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. Indiana ranks 19th in assists allowed per game (23.2).
- Los Angeles ranks third in rebounds per game (46.3) while Indiana ranks 20th (42.0).
- Los Angeles ranks 19th in three pointers attempted per game (28.0) while Indiana ranks 25th (24.8).
- Los Angeles is 11-12 ATS at home, while Indiana is 12-8 ATS on the road.
- The Pacers have 10 overs and 10 unders in 20 road games.
- Of the Lakers 23 home games, they have 13 overs and 10 unders.
- Indiana is 14-1 when they allow below 100 points, while Los Angeles is 7-3.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Pacers are 21-9 and the Lakers are 13-16.
- The Lakers average 14.1 second chance points per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. The Pacers rank 20th in second chance points allowed per game (13.0).
- Indiana ranks fifth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.9) while Los Angeles ranks 29th (19.9).
- The Lakers average 53.0 points in the paint per game, which ranks first in the NBA. The Pacers rank 23rd in points allowed in the paint per game (46.3).
- The Lakers average 5.0 blocks per game, which ranks 11th in the NBA. The Pacers rank 21st in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- Indiana ranks fifth in steals allowed per game (7.0) while Los Angeles ranks 22nd (8.3).
- Los Angeles is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Indiana is 4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Lakers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.4, down from 4.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pacers have scored an average of 103.6 points per game (3.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 100.0 points per game (5.9 below their season average).