The Indiana Pacers (45-31), 2.5-point underdogs, will travel to Staples Center to take on the Los Angeles Clippers (41-35). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 215.5 points and it will air on Fox Sports Midwest – Indiana at 3:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 1, 2018.
Indiana Pacers vs. Los Angeles Clippers ATS Odds
In their last game, the Clippers were beaten by the Portland Trail Blazers, 105-96, while the Pacers barely escaped the Sacramento Kings, 106-103.
Indiana dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.225 (above their season average of 0.176) and a turnover percentage of 10.1 (better than their season average of 12.0). Sacramento was 0.077 and 18.0, respectively, for those same stats. Los Angeles, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.225 (above their season average of 0.223). Lou Williams had a solid performance for Los Angeles, putting up 23 points. Victor Oladipo, meanwhile played a key role for Indiana with 24 points and five rebounds.
It will be a battle of contrasting styles as the fast-paced Clippers will look to push the slower-paced Pacers. The Clippers currently rank eighth in possessions per game while the Pacers are 24th.
Games featuring the Pacers tend to finish under the total (59.2 percent). Indiana comes into the contest with records of 45-31 straight up (SU) and 43-33 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of Indiana, a little over half of Clippers games have finished over the O/U total. Further, Los Angeles owns records of 41-35 SU and 41-34-1 ATS.
Thaddeus Young has been excellent as of late for Indiana, averaging 16.4 points, 9.6 rebounds and 2.0 steals over the last five games.
In their first matchup this season, Bojan Bogdanovic led the Pacers to a 109-104 victory. He was the games leading scorer with 28 points. The two teams combined to score 213 points, which was just under the projected point total of 218, and Indiana covered as a 4-point favorite. Indiana had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.1 vs. 15.2). Los Angeles, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.618 vs. 0.522).
Indiana Pacers at Los Angeles Clippers Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Clippers, ATS Winner – Clippers, O/U – Under
- The Pacers rank 22nd in assists per game (22.1) while the Clippers rank 24th in assists allowed per game (24.3).
- Indiana ranks fifth in fast break points per game (14.6) while Los Angeles ranks 28th in fast break points allowed per game (15.4).
- The Clippers rank fourth in second chance points per game (13.7) while the Pacers rank 19th (11.9).
- Los Angeles ranks third in points in the paint per game (51.5) while Indiana ranks 16th in points allowed in the paint per game (44.7).
- Los Angeles ranks 21st in three pointers attempted per game (27.4) while Indiana ranks 26th (24.4).
- The Pacers rank third in steals allowed per game (7.0) while the Clippers rank 24th (8.5).
- The Clippers rank 17th in blocks per game (4.7) while the Pacers rank 25th (4.2).
- Los Angeles ranks 14th in rebounds per game (43.9) while Indiana ranks 15th in rebounds allowed per game (42.9).
- Indiana ranks second in points off turnovers per game (18.4) while Los Angeles ranks 21st in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.3).
- Los Angeles is 13-2 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Indiana is 26-3.
- The Clippers are 39-23 when they reach 100 points, while the Pacers are 36-15.
- Los Angeles is 17-19 ATS at home, while Indiana is 20-17 ATS on the road.
- Of the Pacers 37 road games, they have 22 unders, 14 overs and 1 push.
- The Clippers have 20 overs, 15 unders and 1 push in 36 home games.
- In their last five games, Indiana and Los Angeles are both 3-2 ATS.
- The Pacers have 3 unders and 2 overs over their last five games, while the Clippers have 5 unders,
- The Pacers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, up from 1.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Clippers have scored an average of 106.6 points per game (2.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 103.4 points per game (4.9 below their season average).