The Indiana Pacers (29-16) will travel to the Chase Center to meet the Golden State Warriors (10-36). Action gets underway at 10:30 p.m. ET on Friday, January 24, 2020, and can be seen on NBATV.
Indiana Pacers at Golden State Warriors Betting Odds
The Pacers will be hoping for similar success after comfortably covering the 1.5-point spread against the Phoenix Suns in their last matchup, 112-87. The Warriors, meanwhile, were blown out by the Utah Jazz, 129-96, and were unable to cover as 9-point underdogs. The Indiana game finished 22.5 points under the projected point total of 221.5, while the Golden State game finished 4.5 points over the projected point total of 220.5.
The Pacers had a great effective field goal percentage of 0.589 (above their season average of 0.528) and had a turnover percentage of 8.8 (better than their season average of 11.3). Golden State, on the other hand, did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (20-24; 83.3 percent). Golden State was lifted by D’Angelo Russell, who had 26 points. Domantas Sabonis, meanwhile played well for Indiana, recording 24 points and 13 rebounds.
The Warriors dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the last matchup, Golden State won 112-89. Golden State had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.567 vs. 0.418). Indiana, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (13-17; 76.5 percent). This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
A little over half of the Pacers’ games have finished under the projected point total. Indiana heads into the contest with records of 29-16 straight up (SU) and 24-19-2 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas tends to place the total high when the Warriors are involved, as 56.5 percent of their games have ended under the O/U total. Moreover, Golden State is 10-36 SU and 21-24-1 ATS.
The offense of Golden State (29th in the league with an offensive efficiency of 102.3) will face off against the elite defense of Indiana (ninth in the NBA with a defensive efficiency of 105.1). The Pacers should have the advantage on that side of the ball. Moreover, the Pacers commit the fifth-fewest errors in the NBA (turnover percentage of 12.3 percent), while the gambling defense of the Warriors causes the fifth-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 14.5 percent).
Indiana Pacers vs. Golden State Warriors Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Warriors, ATS Winner – Warriors, O/U – Under
- The Pacers average 12.4 fast break points per game, which ranks 17th in the NBA. The Warriors rank 24th in fast break points allowed per game (14.7).
- Indiana ranks fifth in assists allowed per game (22.9) while Golden State ranks 25th (25.3).
- The Pacers rank 11th in points in the paint per game (48.4) while the Warriors rank 29th (43.0).
- Indiana ranks 13th in rebounds allowed per game (44.9) while Golden State ranks 28th (47.5).
- Golden State ranks 19th in second chance points per game (12.6) while Indiana ranks 26th (11.8).
- The Pacers rank first in steals allowed per game (6.5) while the Warriors rank 20th (8.1).
- The Pacers average 5.2 blocks per game, which ranks 11th in the NBA. The Warriors rank 22nd in blocks allowed per game (5.4).
- Indiana ranks eighth in three pointers allowed per game (32.2) while Golden State ranks 26th (35.3).
- Indiana is 9-1 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Golden State is 5-2.
- The Pacers are 29-9 when they reach 100 points, while the Warriors are 10-22.
- Golden State is 10-12-1 ATS at home, while Indiana is 13-10 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 14 of the Warriors’ 23 home games, while 12 of the Pacers’ 23 road games have gone under.
- The Warriors are 2-2-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Pacers are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Golden State has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Indiana has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- During their last five games, the Warriors have scored an average of 111.4 points per game (6.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 122.2 points per game (8.3 above their season average).
- The Pacers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.0, down from 3.0 for the season.