Central Division foes will collide when the Detroit Pistons (7-3) take on the Indiana Pacers (5-5) at Little Caesars Arena. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 8, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Detroit.
Indiana Pacers vs. Detroit Pistons Odds Preview
The Pacers lost to the New York Knicks in their last game, 108-101. Darren Collison put together a good performance for Indiana, contributing 15 points, 10 assists and five rebounds. New York held the Pacers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.5 (below their season average of 23.2). Indiana, meanwhile, did a great job of making free throws (15-17; 88.2 percent).
In the Pistons’ last matchup, they beat the Sacramento Kings, 108-99. Detroit’s Andre Drummond played a key role with 16 points and 19 rebounds. Detroit dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.6 (below their season average of 24.8) and a free throw rate of 0.190 (above their season average of 0.149). Sacramento put up marks of 10.0 and 0.118, respectively, for those same stats.
Points at the line might be few and far between for Detroit in this battle. The Pistons rank 29th in the NBA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.153, while Indiana ranks second in FTA rate allowed (0.158). Additionally, the Pacers rank fourth in effective field goal percentage (0.536), while the Pistons rank 22nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.529).
Neither team has shown a tendency in terms of going over or under the projected point total. The Pistons hold a substantial advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 7-3 SU and 7-2-1 ATS, while the Pacers are 5-5 SU and 6-4 ATS.
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Pacers, it’s been Domantas Sabonis, who has averaged 13.4 points, 11.4 rebounds and 3.6 assists, while the Pistons have received great contributions from Drummond (15.4 rebounds, 14.4 points, 2.2 steals and 1.2 blocks).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. The Pacers won all four contests played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, Indiana won 115-98. The Pacers played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 4.9 and a free throw rate of 0.182. For those same stats, the Pistons recorded marks of 9.2 and 0.146, respectively.
Indiana Pacers vs. Detroit Pistons Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- The Pistons rank second in points off turnovers per game (20.9) while the Pacers rank 16th (17.2).
- Indiana ranks 22nd in blocks per game (4.0) while Detroit ranks 26th (2.7).
- Detroit ranks second in steals per game (9.7) while Indiana ranks 15th (8.1).
- On the road, Indiana is 3-3 ATS with 4 overs and 2 unders.
- Detroit is 3-1-1 ATS at home with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Indiana is 2-0 and Detroit is 4-1.
- The Pistons are 6-1 when they score above 100 points, while the Pacers are 4-3.
- The Pistons rank fifth in fast break points allowed per game (7.8) while the Pacers rank 14th (10.2).
- Detroit ranks sixth in points in the paint per game (46.6) while Indiana ranks 28th in points allowed in the paint per game (51.2).
- The Pistons rank third in second chance points allowed per game (8.9) while the Pacers rank 24th (14.4).
- Indiana averages 23.6 assists per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. Detroit ranks 21st in assists allowed per game (23.4).
- Detroit is 3-1-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Indiana is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Pistons’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 3.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pacers have scored an average of 106.6 points per game (3.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 102.6 points per game (6.5 below their season average).