The Indiana Pacers (1-0), 8-point underdogs, will travel to Quicken Loans Arena to go head-to-head against the Cleveland Cavaliers (0-1) in game two of the First Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 209 points and it will air on TNT at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, April 18, 2018.
Indiana Pacers at Cleveland Cavaliers Betting Odds
In game one, Oladipo led the Pacers to a 98-80 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 32 points. The two teams combined for 178 points, which was well under the projected point total of 212.5, and Indiana covered as a 7-point underdog. The Pacers’ 10.9 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Cavaliers, who had a rate of 15.6.
Cleveland appears to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Cavaliers currently rank third in effective field goal percentage (0.546), while Indiana ranks 19th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.526). Additionally, the Pacers, who rank 25th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.173), could struggle to get to the line against the Cavaliers, who rank second in opponents’ FTA rate (0.166).
Of the Pacers’ 83 games, 49 have finished under the O/U total. Indiana comes into the game with records of 49-34 straight up (SU) and 48-35 against the spread (ATS).
Just over half of Cavaliers games have finished over the total. Cleveland is 50-33 SU, but they are just 32-50-1 ATS.
Indiana Pacers at Cleveland Cavaliers Betting Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- The Pacers rank 19th in second chance points per game (11.9) while the Cavaliers rank 26th (11.1).
- Cleveland ranks third in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while Indiana ranks 25th (5.2).
- The Pacers rank second in points off turnovers per game (18.3) while the Cavaliers rank 19th (16.2).
- Indiana ranks 12th in assists allowed per game (23.2) while Cleveland ranks 28th (25.8).
- Indiana ranks 13th in points in the paint per game (44.6) while Cleveland ranks 20th in points allowed in the paint per game (46.9).
- The Pacers rank second in steals per game (8.8) while the Cavaliers rank 23rd (7.1).
- The Pacers rank fifth in fast break points per game (14.8) while the Cavaliers rank 13th (12.4).
- Cleveland ranks fifth in three pointers attempted per game (32.2) while Indiana ranks 25th (24.6).
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Cleveland is 16-4 and Indiana is 27-4.
- The Pacers are 39-16 when they reach the century mark, while the Cavaliers are 48-18.
- Cleveland is 13-28-1 ATS at home, while Indiana is 24-18 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 25 of the Pacers’ 42 road games, while 22 of the Cavaliers’ 42 home games have gone under.
- The Pacers are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Cavaliers are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Indiana has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Cleveland has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Pacers have been outscored by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Indiana has defeated opponents by an average of 1.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Cavaliers have scored an average of 110.0 points per game (0.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 112.8 points per game (3.0 above their season average).