The Indiana Pacers (2-2) will travel to Quicken Loans Arena to go head-to-head against the Cleveland Cavaliers (2-2) in game five of the First Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. The Pacers opened as 6.5-point underdogs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 205 points and it will air on Fox Sports Midwest – Indiana at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, April 25, 2018.
Indiana Pacers at Cleveland Cavaliers Betting Odds
In game four, James led the Cavaliers to a 104-100 win. He registered a double-double with 32 points and 13 rebounds. Cleveland covered as a 2-point favorite and the two teams combined to score 204 points, which was just under the projected point total of 206. Cleveland did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (22-26; 84.6 percent). Indiana, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 vs. 18.2).
The sharp-shooting offense of Cleveland (third in the league with an effective field goal percentage 0.545) will face off against the mid-tier defense of Indiana (20th in effective field goal percentage allowed 0.526). The Cavaliers figure to have the advantage on that end of the court. Also, the Pacers, who rank 25th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.172), could struggle to get to the line against the Cavaliers, who rank second in opponents’ FTA rate (0.165).
Of the Pacers’ 86 games, 52 have finished under the total. Indiana holds records of 50-36 straight up (SU) and 49-36-1 against the spread (ATS).
A little over half of Cavaliers games have also finished under the total. Cleveland has a respectable 52-34 SU record, but they have a hard time covering the spread (33-51-2 ATS).
Indiana Pacers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Pick
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- The Pacers rank 18th in second chance points per game (12.0) while the Cavaliers rank 25th (11.0).
- Indiana ranks second in steals per game (8.8) while Cleveland ranks 23rd (7.1).
- The Pacers rank second in points off turnovers per game (18.3) while the Cavaliers rank 18th (16.3).
- Indiana ranks 12th in assists allowed per game (23.0) while Cleveland ranks 28th (25.6).
- Indiana ranks fifth in fast break points per game (14.7) while Cleveland ranks 13th (12.4).
- The Cavaliers rank third in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while the Pacers rank 24th (5.2).
- The Pacers average 44.8 points in the paint per game, which ranks 12th in the NBA. The Cavaliers rank 21st in points allowed in the paint per game (47.0).
- Cleveland ranks fifth in three pointers attempted per game (32.1) while Indiana ranks 26th (24.6).
- Cleveland is 17-5 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Indiana is 28-4.
- The Pacers are 39-17 when they score over 100 points, while the Cavaliers are 50-18.
- Indiana is 25-18 ATS on the road, while Cleveland is 13-29-1 ATS at home.
- The Pacers have 26 unders, 16 overs and 1 push in 43 road games.
- The Cavaliers have 23 unders, 19 overs and 1 push in 43 home games.
- In their last five games, Indiana and Cleveland have both had 5 unders.
- The Pacers are 2-2-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Cavaliers are 1-3-1.
- The Pacers have been outscored by an average of 2.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Indiana has defeated opponents by an average of 1.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Cavaliers have scored an average of 94.4 points per game (15.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 99.4 points per game (9.9 below their season average).