The Brooklyn Nets (19-39), who are currently on a six-game losing streak, will attempt to get back in the win column when they welcome the Indiana Pacers (32-25) to Barclays Center. Indiana opened as a 4.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 214.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Indiana Pacers vs. Brooklyn Nets Odds Preview
The Pacers defeated the New York Knicks in their last matchup, 121-113. Victor Oladipo was the top scorer from either team with 30 points on 10-for-24 shooting. The Pacers, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.5, had a fantastic mark of 32.7 and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.564 (above their season average of 0.535).
In the Nets last matchup, they were defeated by the Los Angeles Clippers, 114-101. With 12 points and 10 rebounds, Brooklyn’s DeMarre Carroll put together a good outing. Los Angeles did a great job of making free throws (12-14; 85.7 percent). Brooklyn, on the other hand, forced the Clippers into a turnover percentage of 14.1 (above the 10.8 mark opponents have averaged against Brooklyn this season).
Opposite tempos will be on display in this battle. Brooklyn likes to play fast (fifth in possessions per game), while Indiana likes to grind-it-out (21st in possessions per game).
Of Indiana’s 57 games, 31 have finished under the O/U total, while 32 of Brooklyn’s 58 games have finished under the O/U total. The Pacers have the superior straight up (SU) record (32-25 vs. 19-39), but both teams have comparable against the spread (ATS) records. Indiana is 31-26 ATS, while Brooklyn is 33-24-1 ATS.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Pacers, it’s been Bojan Bogdanovic, who has averaged 20.0 points and 1.4 steals, while the Nets have gotten solid contributions from Spencer Dinwiddie (17.2 points, 9.8 assists and 1.8 steals).
These two teams have met three times already this season, with the Pacers winning all three. Oladipo scored a game-high 38 points in the most recent game, in which the Pacers defeated the Nets 123-119 but could not cover as 9.5-point favorites. He also recorded six assists. The two teams combined to put up 242 points, which was 25.5 points above the projected point total of 216.5 points. The Pacers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 7.4 and a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.578. For those same stats, the Nets were 8.4 and 0.510, respectively.
Indiana Pacers at Brooklyn Nets ATS Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- The Nets rank fourth in rebounds per game (45.2) while the Pacers rank 21st (41.7).
- Brooklyn averages 12.8 second chance points per game, which ranks 11th in the league. Indiana ranks 20th in second chance points allowed per game (13.0).
- Indiana ranks third in fast break points per game (15.0) while Brooklyn ranks 18th (10.2).
- Brooklyn ranks 16th in assists per game (22.6) while Indiana ranks 18th in assists allowed per game (23.2).
- Brooklyn is 15-13-1 ATS at home, while Indiana is 14-12 ATS on the road.
- The Pacers have 14 unders, 11 overs and 1 push in 26 road games.
- In 29 home games, the Nets have 16 unders and 13 overs.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Indiana is 18-2 and Brooklyn is 11-1.
- When reaching 100 points, the Nets are 15-25 and the Pacers are 27-12.
- The Pacers rank 18th in blocks allowed per game (5.0) while the Nets rank 28th (5.8).
- Brooklyn ranks first in three pointers allowed per game (25.1) while Indiana ranks 25th (30.8).
- The Pacers rank fifth in points off turnovers per game (18.0) while the Nets rank 28th (14.2).
- The Pacers rank 13th in points in the paint per game (44.7) while the Nets rank 21st in points allowed in the paint per game (45.9).
- Indiana ranks ninth in steals per game (8.2) while Brooklyn ranks last (6.2).
- Brooklyn is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Indiana is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Nets average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.4, up from 4.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pacers have scored an average of 109.2 points per game (2.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 108.0 points per game (2.5 above their season average).