The Utah Jazz (17-25) will be at home in Vivint Smart Home Arena when they challenge the Indiana Pacers (23-20). Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Monday, January 15, 2018.
Indiana Pacers vs. Utah Jazz Betting Preview,
The Pacers had no trouble getting past the Phoenix Suns in their last outing, 120-97. With 17 points and five rebounds, Victor Oladipo had a solid outing for Indiana. The Pacers had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 6.0 (better than their season average of 12.3) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.608 (above their season average of 0.535).
The last time the Jazz played, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Charlotte Hornets, 99-88. Donovan Mitchell was the top scorer from either team with 35 points on 10-for-20 shooting. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Charlotte’s biggest advantages. They had 34 free throw attempts, while Utah had 23.
Utah could have difficulty getting to the foul line in this battle. The Jazz rank 16th in the NBA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.192, while Indiana ranks third in FTA rate allowed (0.166). ,
Of Indiana’s 42 games that accepted bets, 23 have finished under the projected point total, while 22 of Utah’s 42 games have finished under the projected point total. The Pacers have the better straight up (SU) record (23-20 vs. 17-25) and a narrow edge against the spread (ATS) (23-19 vs. 21-21).
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Pacers, it’s been Domantas Sabonis, who has averaged 18.6 points and 7.8 rebounds, while the Jazz have received great contributions from Mitchell (22.2 points, 4.0 assists and 1.4 steals).
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Pacers won the most recent matchup 107-100. The Pacers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.241 and an absurdly low turnover percentage of 6.7. The Jazz were 0.159 and 9.4, respectively, for those same stats.
Indiana Pacers at Utah Jazz Free Prediction,
Predictions: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Under
- The Jazz rank fourth in assists allowed per game (20.1) while the Pacers rank 20th (23.6).
- Indiana ranks 16th in second chance points per game (12.1) while Utah ranks 26th (10.4).
- Indiana averages 18.3 points off turnovers per game, which ranks fourth in the NBA. Utah ranks 18th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.5).
- Indiana is 10-8 ATS on the road with 10 overs and 8 unders.
- At home, Utah is 13-7 ATS with 13 unders and 7 overs.
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Utah is 10-4 and Indiana is 13-1.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Jazz are 15-10 and the Pacers are 20-9.
- The Pacers rank 13th in points in the paint per game (44.5) while the Jazz rank 25th (41.3).
- Indiana ranks third in fast break points per game (15.0) while Utah ranks 26th (8.9).
- The Pacers rank fourth in steals allowed per game (6.9) while the Jazz rank 20th (8.0).
- The Jazz average 4.7 blocks per game, which ranks 16th in the league. The Pacers rank 20th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Utah ranks ninth in three pointers attempted per game (30.2) while Indiana ranks 25th (24.8).
- Utah is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Indiana is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Jazz’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.4, up from 1.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pacers have scored an average of 111.4 points per game (4.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 97.6 points per game (8.7 below their season average).