The Philadelphia 76ers (36-29) can prolong an 11-game home winning streak when they clash against the Indiana Pacers (39-28) at Wells Fargo Center. Philadelphia is a 5-point favorite on the opening line, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 210.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 13, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Midwest – Indiana.
Indiana Pacers vs. Philadelphia 76ers Free Preview
The last time the Pacers played, they won a close one over the Boston Celtics, 99-97. With 19 points and 10 rebounds, Indiana’s Myles Turner played well. Indiana’s 0.556 effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Boston, who had a rate of 0.494. The Pacers’ mark was above their season average of 0.529.
The 76ers hope to maintain momentum after thoroughly outplaying the Brooklyn Nets in their last outing, 120-97. Philadelphia rallied around Ersan Ilyasova, who recorded 11 points and 13 rebounds. Philadelphia played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 8.0 (better than their season average of 14.8) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.574 (above their season average of 0.529). For those same stats, Brooklyn was 15.9 and 0.447, respectively.
The offensive glass could be a major edge for Philadelphia in this contest. The 76ers rank third in offensive rebounding percentage (25.6 percent), while Indiana ranks 24th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.4 percent).
Of Indiana’s 67 games, 39 have finished under the projected point total, while 33 of Philadelphia’s 65 games have finished under the O/U total. Both teams have very similar records straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS). The Pacers are 39-28 SU and 38-29 ATS, while the 76ers are 36-29 SU and 37-28 ATS.
Bojan Bogdanovic has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Indiana, averaging 19.4 points and 1.6 steals per game.
These two teams have met twice already this year, each winning once. In the most recent matchup, Victor Oladipo had 19 points and eight rebounds and the Pacers defeated the 76ers 100-92, covering as 1.5-point favorites. The two teams combined to put up 192 points, which was 18 points below the projected point total of 210 points. The Pacers played a nearly perfect game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.266 and a turnover percentage of 12.6. For those same stats, the 76ers were 0.184 and 15.6, respectively.
Indiana Pacers vs. Philadelphia 76ers ATS Prediction
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- The 76ers rank third in assists per game (25.9) while the Pacers rank 22nd (22.1).
- Philadelphia ranks 14th in three pointers allowed per game (29.3) while Indiana ranks 26th (30.8).
- Indiana ranks third in fast break points per game (14.9) while Philadelphia ranks 19th (10.3).
- Philadelphia averages 13.6 second chance points per game, which ranks sixth in the league. Indiana ranks 16th in second chance points allowed per game (12.7).
- Indiana is 18-14 ATS on the road, while Philadelphia is 20-9 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 19 of the Pacers’ 32 road games, while 16 of the 76ers’ 29 home games have gone under.
- Indiana is 24-2 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Philadelphia is 16-0.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the 76ers are 33-18 and the Pacers are 31-14.
- The 76ers rank second in points allowed in the paint per game (41.4) while the Pacers rank 17th (44.9).
- Indiana averages 18.3 points off turnovers per game, which ranks third in the league. Philadelphia ranks last in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.4).
- The Pacers rank fourth in steals per game (8.6) while the 76ers rank 29th in steals allowed per game (8.8).
- The 76ers average 5.0 blocks per game, which ranks 10th in the NBA. The Pacers rank 21st in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Philadelphia ranks first in rebounds per game (46.6) while Indiana ranks 22nd (42.4).
- Philadelphia is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Indiana is 4-1 ATS with 5 unders.
- The 76ers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.2, up from 2.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pacers have scored an average of 97.0 points per game (9.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 94.4 points per game (10.0 below their season average).