Central Division foes will clash when the Milwaukee Bucks (19-16) challenge the Indiana Pacers (19-18) at BMO Harris Bradley Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 208.5 points with Milwaukee opening as a 7.5-point favorite. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 3, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Net Wisconsin.
Indiana Pacers vs. Milwaukee Bucks Odds Preview
The Pacers were beaten by the Minnesota Timberwolves in their last contest, 107-90. With 20 points on 7-for-11 shooting, Joe Young led Indiana in scoring. Minnesota’s turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over Indiana. The Timberwolves had a rate of 6.7 (better than their season average of 11.7), while the Pacers posted a mark of 14.7.
The last time the Bucks played, they were beaten by the Toronto Raptors, 131-127. With 26 points, nine rebounds and seven assists, Milwaukee’s Giannis Antetokounmpo had a solid game. Toronto had a better turnover percentage (10.2 vs. 11.7). Milwaukee, on the other hand, held the Raptors to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.4 (below their season average of 23.1).
Milwaukee appears to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Bucks rank seventh in offensive efficiency, while the Pacers rank 23rd in defensive efficiency.
Of Indiana’s 37 games, 20 have finished under the O/U total, while 22 of Milwaukee’s 35 games have finished over the projected point total. Both teams have decent straight up (SU) records (19-18 for Indiana; 19-16 for Milwaukee), but the Pacers have the edge against the spread (ATS). Indiana is 20-17 ATS, while the Bucks are 16-14-5.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after the Bucks won three out of four matchups last season. In the most recent matchup, Indiana won 104-89. The Pacers played a nearly flawless game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 31.6 and a great free throw rate of 0.250. For those same stats, the Bucks were 15.8 and 0.169, respectively.
Indiana Pacers vs. Milwaukee Bucks Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Over
- The Bucks rank first in fast break points allowed per game (7.3) while the Pacers rank 16th (11.1).
- Milwaukee ranks 13th in assists per game (22.7) while Indiana ranks 22nd in assists allowed per game (23.9).
- Indiana ranks 16th in second chance points per game (11.9) while Milwaukee ranks 27th (9.7).
- Milwaukee ranks fourth in steals allowed per game (6.8) while Indiana ranks sixth (6.9).
- Indiana is 10-7 ATS on the road, while Milwaukee is 7-8-3 ATS at home.
- The Pacers have 9 overs and 8 unders in 17 road games.
- The Bucks have 10 overs, 7 unders and 1 push in 18 home games.
- Indiana is 9-1 when they allow under 100 points, while Milwaukee is 8-2.
- When reaching the century mark, the Bucks are 15-10 and the Pacers are 17-7.
- The Pacers rank 20th in rebounds per game (42.0) while the Bucks rank last (38.8).
- Milwaukee ranks second in blocks allowed per game (3.7) while Indiana ranks 22nd (5.3).
- The Bucks average 47.3 points in the paint per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. The Pacers rank 25th in points allowed in the paint per game (46.9).
- The Bucks rank second in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.2) while the Pacers rank ninth (15.1).
- Milwaukee ranks ninth in three pointers allowed per game (26.9) while Indiana ranks 25th (30.9).
- Milwaukee is 3-1-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Indiana is 0-5 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bucks average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.0, up from 0.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pacers have scored an average of 99.4 points per game (7.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 110.0 points per game (3.0 above their season average).