Central Division foes will collide when the Milwaukee Bucks (33-28) go head-to-head against the Indiana Pacers (34-27) at BMO Harris Bradley Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, March 2, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Net Wisconsin.
Indiana Pacers at Milwaukee Bucks ATS Preview
The Pacers were beaten by the Atlanta Hawks in their last contest, 107-102. Indiana’s Victor Oladipo had 22 points, six steals and five rebounds in the contest. Atlanta made good use of their 27 trips to the charity stripe, making 22 of them (81.5 percent). Indiana, meanwhile, was 15-20 (75.0 percent).
In the Bucks’ last game, they were beaten by the Detroit Pistons, 110-87. Eric Bledsoe was Milwaukee’s high scorer with 19 points on 5-for-10 shooting. Detroit had an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.1 (above their season average of 22.5). Milwaukee, meanwhile, did a great job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (23-28; 82.1 percent).
A focal point for the Milwaukee offense is getting to the free throw line. The Bucks rank third in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.228), but Indiana is among the best in the league at keeping opponents away from the charity stripe (ranking third by yielding a FTA rate of 0.171).
Of Indiana’s 61 games, 33 have finished under the projected point total, while 30 of Milwaukee’s 61 games have finished over the O/U total. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (34-27 for Indiana; 33-28 for Milwaukee), but the Pacers have the edge against the spread (ATS). Indiana is 33-28 ATS, while the Bucks are 26-30-5.
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Pacers, it’s been Thaddeus Young, who has averaged 14.0 points, 10.0 rebounds and 1.6 steals, while the Bucks have gotten solid contributions from Bledsoe (19.8 points, 5.8 assists and 1.8 steals).
These two teams have met twice already this season, each winning once. Domantas Sabonis had 17 points and 10 rebounds in the most recent contest, in which the Pacers beat the Bucks 109-96, covering as 1.5-point favorites. The two teams combined to score 205 points, which was 10.5 points below the projected point total of 215.5 points. The Pacers dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.6 and a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.601. The Bucks were 13.5 and 0.507, respectively, for those same stats.
Indiana Pacers vs. Milwaukee Bucks Free Prediction
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- The Pacers average 44.8 points in the paint per game, which ranks 12th in the league. The Bucks rank 22nd in points allowed in the paint per game (46.1).
- Indiana averages 18.0 points off turnovers per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. Milwaukee ranks ninth in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.1).
- Indiana ranks 18th in second chance points per game (11.9) while Milwaukee ranks 28th (10.2).
- Indiana is 15-14 ATS on the road, while Milwaukee is 10-18-3 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 16 of the Pacers’ 29 road games, while 15 of the Bucks’ 31 home games have gone over.
- Indiana is 19-2 when they allow under 100 points, while Milwaukee is 16-4.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the Pacers are 29-14 and the Bucks are 27-15.
- The Pacers rank 21st in rebounds per game (42.3) while the Bucks rank last (39.5).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (8.6) while Indiana ranks 20th (12.2).
- The Bucks rank eighth in three pointers allowed per game (26.8) while the Pacers rank 25th (30.9).
- The Bucks rank fifth in steals allowed per game (7.1) while the Pacers rank seventh (7.1).
- Milwaukee ranks third in blocks allowed per game (4.2) while Indiana ranks 18th (5.0).
- Milwaukee is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Indiana is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Bucks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.2, up from 0.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pacers have scored an average of 110.0 points per game (3.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 105.0 points per game (0.3 below their season average).