The Houston Rockets (16-4) look to lengthen their five-game winning streak against the Indiana Pacers (12-9) at Toyota Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017, and it can be seen on ATTSN Southwest.
Indiana Pacers vs. Houston Rockets Free Preview
The Pacers were victorious over the Orlando Magic in their last game, 121-109. Victor Oladipo was the games leading scorer with 26 points on 11-for-14 shooting. Indiana played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.278 (above their season average of 0.182) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.627 (above their season average of 0.535). Orlando was 0.141 and 0.522, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Rockets last matchup, they topped the Brooklyn Nets, 117-103. With 37 points on 13-for-20 shooting, James Harden was the games high scorer. The Rockets held the Nets to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.0 (below their season average of 21.9) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.605 (above their season average of 0.555).
This meeting figures to be a shootout as a pair of the NBA’s top offenses face off. Houston currently ranks second with 112.8 points per 100 possessions and Indiana is fifth (108.8).
Of Indiana’s 21 games, 11 have finished over the projected point total, while 11 of Houston’s 20 games have finished under the projected point total. The Rockets have the better straight up (SU) record (16-4 vs. 12-9), but the Pacers hold the clear advantage against the spread (ATS) (13-8 vs. 11-9).
Chris Paul has been exceptional over the last five games for Houston, averaging 12.2 points, 10.2 assists and 2.2 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 213 points in that game, which was under the projected point total of 226. The Rockets won 118-95, covering as 3-point favorites. The Rockets dominated every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.7 and a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.572. For those same stats, the Pacers had marks of 15.9 and 0.494, respectively. Harden put up a double-double in the victory with 26 points and 15 assists.
Indiana Pacers vs. Houston Rockets Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Over
- The Pacers average 23.6 assists per game, which ranks fifth in the league. The Rockets rank 18th in assists allowed per game (22.9).
- Houston ranks fifth in second chance points allowed per game (10.4) while Indiana ranks 15th (12.8).
- Indiana averages 15.0 fast break points per game, which ranks third in the NBA. Houston ranks 15th in fast break points allowed per game (11.3).
- Indiana averages 42.2 points in the paint per game, which ranks 19th in the league. Houston ranks 23rd in points allowed in the paint per game (46.3).
- Indiana is 7-4 ATS on the road, while Houston is 4-6 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 7 of the Pacers 11 road games, while 5 of the Rockets 10 home games have gone over.
- Houston is 7-1 when they allow below 100 points, while Indiana is 5-0.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the Pacers are 11-4 and the Rockets are 16-2.
- The Rockets rank third in steals per game (9.2) while the Pacers rank 13th (8.0).
- Houston ranks first in three pointers attempted per game (44.6) while Indiana ranks 25th (24.8).
- The Pacers rank fifth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.8) while the Rockets rank 27th (19.4).
- The Rockets rank second in rebounds allowed per game (41.0) while the Pacers rank 12th (43.0).
- Houston ranks ninth in blocks allowed per game (4.5) while Indiana ranks 26th (6.0).
- Houston is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Indiana is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Rockets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 21.4, up from 10.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pacers have scored an average of 110.2 points per game (1.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 102.6 points per game (4.7 below their season average).