The Indiana Pacers will travel to Quicken Loans Arena to go head-to-head against the Cleveland Cavaliers to open the First Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. The Cavaliers opened as 6.5-point favorites. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 212.5 points and it will air on ABC at 3:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 15, 2018.
Indiana Pacers at Cleveland Cavaliers Betting Odds
In four contests against each other this season, the Pacers have won three. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to score 223 points, hitting the projected point total. Indiana lost 115-108, covering as a 6-point underdog. Cleveland free throw rate was their biggest strength over Indiana. The Cavaliers had a rate of 0.122, while the Pacers posted a mark of 0.099. LeBron James played a huge role in the victory, recording a triple-double with 26 points, 11 assists and 10 rebounds.
Cleveland appears to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Cavaliers currently rank third in effective field goal percentage (0.547), while Indiana ranks 19th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.527). Also, the Pacers, who rank 25th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.173), will face off against the Cavaliers, who rank second in opponents FTA rate (0.166).
Of the Pacers 82 games, 48 have finished under the O/U total. Indiana holds records of 48-34 straight up (SU) and 47-35 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Indiana, games including the Cavaliers have gone over the O/U total 50.0 percent of the time. Cleveland is 50-32 SU, but they are just 32-49-1 ATS.
Indiana Pacers at Cleveland Cavaliers Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Cavaliers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- The Pacers rank 19th in second chance points per game (11.9) while the Cavaliers rank 25th (11.2).
- Cleveland ranks third in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while Indiana ranks 25th (5.2).
- The Pacers rank second in points off turnovers per game (18.3) while the Cavaliers rank 17th (16.3).
- Indiana ranks 12th in assists allowed per game (23.2) while Cleveland ranks 27th (25.9).
- Indiana averages 44.7 points in the paint per game, which ranks 13th in the league. Cleveland ranks 20th in points allowed in the paint per game (47.0).
- The Cavaliers rank fifth in three pointers attempted per game (32.1) while the Pacers rank 26th (24.5).
- The Pacers rank fifth in fast break points per game (14.8) while the Cavaliers rank 13th (12.5).
- Indiana ranks third in steals per game (8.8) while Cleveland ranks 23rd (7.1).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Indiana is 26-4 and Cleveland is 16-3.
- The Cavaliers are 48-18 when they reach 100 points, while the Pacers are 39-16.
- Cleveland is 13-27-1 ATS at home, while Indiana is 23-18 ATS on the road.
- The Pacers have 24 unders, 16 overs and 1 push in 41 road games.
- In 41 home games, the Cavaliers have 21 unders, 19 overs and 1 push.
- In their last five games, Indiana and Cleveland are both 3-2 ATS.
- The Pacers have 3 unders and 2 overs over their last five games, while the Cavaliers have 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Pacers have been outscored by an average of 4.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Indiana has defeated opponents by an average of 1.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Cavaliers have scored an average of 116.4 points per game (5.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 114.4 points per game (4.5 above their season average).