Central Division foes will collide when the Cleveland Cavaliers (27-19) take on the Indiana Pacers (26-22) at Quicken Loans Arena. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 222 points with Cleveland set as a 4-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, January 26, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Ohio.
Indiana Pacers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers ATS Preview
The Pacers were victorious over the Phoenix Suns in their last matchup, 116-101. With 21 points and nine assists, Victor Oladipo played well for Indiana. The Pacers, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.531, had an absurd mark of 0.619 and had a better turnover percentage (11.7 vs. 14.2).
The last time the Cavaliers played, they were beaten by the San Antonio Spurs, 114-102. LeBron James was Cleveland’s leading scorer with 28 points on 10-for-23 shooting. San Antonio had a turnover percentage of 8.2 (better than their season average of 12.7). Cleveland, on the other hand, did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (26-31; 83.9 percent).
Cleveland could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their elite offense goes up against one of the leagues worst defenses. The Cavaliers currently rank fourth in effective field goal percentage (0.543), while Indiana ranks 21st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.529). Additionally, the Pacers rank fifth in turnover percentage (13.1 percent), while the Cavaliers rank 24th in opponents turnover percentage (13.4 percent).
Of Indiana’s 48 games, 28 have finished under the projected point total, while 24 of Cleveland’s 46 games have finished over the projected point total. Both teams have decent straight up (SU) records (26-22 for Indiana; 27-19 for Cleveland), but the Pacers have the edge against the spread (ATS). Indiana is 27-21 ATS, while the Cavaliers are 12-33-1.
These two teams have already met three times this season, with the Pacers winning all three. James scored a game-high 27 points in the most recent contest, in which the Cavaliers lost 97-95, unable to cover as 1.5-point favorites. The two teams combined to put up 192 points, which was 29 points below the projected point total of 221 points. Indiana’s effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Cleveland. The Pacers had a rate of 0.518 while the Cavaliers posted a mark of 0.476.
Indiana Pacers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Cavaliers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- he Pacers average 22.3 assists per game, which ranks 17th in the NBA. The Cavaliers rank last in assists allowed per game (25.9).
- ndiana ranks third in fast break points per game (15.1) while Cleveland ranks 15th (10.9).
- ndiana ranks fourth in steals allowed per game (6.9) while Cleveland ranks 16th (7.8).
- leveland is 3-18-1 ATS at home, while Indiana is 13-10 ATS on the road.
- he Pacers have 13 unders and 10 overs in 23 road games.
- n 22 home games, the Cavaliers have 12 overs and 10 unders.
- leveland is 10-2 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Indiana is 15-2.
- n games where they score over 100 points, the Pacers are 22-9 and the Cavaliers are 27-11.
- he Pacers rank 13th in points in the paint per game (44.4) while the Cavaliers rank 25th in points allowed in the paint per game (46.8).
- leveland ranks third in three pointers attempted per game (32.6) while Indiana ranks 25th (24.7).
- he Cavaliers rank fourth in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while the Pacers rank 24th (5.3).
- he Pacers average 42.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 21st in the NBA. The Cavaliers rank 23rd in rebounds allowed per game (44.2).
- ndiana ranks fifth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.8) while Cleveland ranks 18th (16.8).
- leveland is 0-5 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- ver their last five games, Indiana is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- he Cavaliers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.4, up from 0.0 for the season.
- uring their last five games, the Pacers have scored an average of 98.2 points per game (8.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 96.0 points per game (9.2 below their season average).