The Chicago Bulls (12-22) look to lengthen a six-game home winning streak when they challenge the Indiana Pacers (19-16) at United Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 209 points with Chicago set as a 3-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, December 29, 2017, and it can be seen on WGN Channel 9.
Indiana Pacers at Chicago Bulls ATS Preview
The Pacers fell to the Dallas Mavericks in their last matchup, 98-94. Indiana’s Lance Stephenson put together a solid performance, contributing 16 points, 15 rebounds and five assists. Dallas forced the Pacers into a turnover percentage of 16.1 (above their season average of 12.1). Indiana, on the other hand, held the Mavericks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.1 (below their season average of 17.6).
The last time the Bulls played, they topped the New York Knicks, 92-87. With 17 points on 6-for-18 shooting, Kris Dunn led Chicago in scoring. The Bulls made 12 of their 16 free throws (75.0 percent) and held the Knicks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.429 (below their season average of 0.515).
Getting to the line might be few and far between for Chicago in this meeting. The Bulls rank 29th in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.148, while Indiana ranks first in FTA rate allowed (0.154).
Of Indiana’s 35 games, 19 have finished under the projected point total, while 17 of Chicago’s 34 games have finished over the projected point total. The Pacers have the better straight up (SU) record (19-16 vs. 12-22), but both teams have similar against the spread (ATS) records. Indiana is 20-15 ATS, while Chicago is 19-12-3 ATS.
These two teams have already met twice this season, with the Pacers winning both. In the most recent matchup, Victor Oladipo scored a game-high 27 points and the Pacers defeated the Bulls 98-96 but were not able to cover as 10-point favorites. He also recorded eight rebounds. The two teams combined to score 194 points, which was 12.5 points below the projected point total of 206.5 points. Indiana had a better turnover percentage (12.5 vs. 15.1). Chicago, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.6 vs. 16.7).
Indiana Pacers vs. Chicago Bulls Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bulls, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Under
- The Pacers rank 15th in points in the paint per game (42.9) while the Bulls rank 28th (39.8).
- Indiana ranks 17th in rebounds allowed per game (43.3) while Chicago ranks 25th (45.4).
- Chicago ranks 14th in three pointers attempted per game (29.5) while Indiana ranks 25th in three pointers allowed per game (31.0).
- Indiana is 10-6 ATS on the road, while Chicago is 9-5-2 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 11 of the Bulls 16 home games, while 8 of the Pacers 16 road games have gone over.
- Indiana is 9-1 when they allow below 100 points, while Chicago is 5-5.
- The Pacers are 17-6 when they reach the century mark, while the Bulls are 10-7.
- The Pacers rank 18th in blocks per game (4.6) while the Bulls rank 28th (3.6).
- Indiana ranks third in points off turnovers per game (18.7) while Chicago ranks 28th (14.3).
- The Pacers average 14.7 fast break points per game, which ranks third in the NBA. The Bulls rank 19th in fast break points allowed per game (11.4).
- The Pacers rank fourth in steals allowed per game (6.8) while the Bulls rank sixth (6.9).
- Indiana averages 22.8 assists per game, which ranks 12th in the league. Chicago ranks 26th in assists allowed per game (24.5).
- Chicago is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Indiana is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bulls have outscored opponents by an average of 0.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Chicago has been defeated by an average of 6.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Pacers have scored an average of 103.2 points per game (4.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 106.2 points per game (0.5 below their season average).