The Miami Heat (5-5) will be at home in AmericanAirlines Arena when they take on the Indiana Pacers (7-5). The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, November 9, 2018, and will air on Fox Sports – Seattle.
Indiana Pacers at Miami Heat ATS Odds
In the Heat’s previous game, they defeated the San Antonio Spurs, 95-88, covering as 1-point favorites. The Pacers, on the other hand, were beat by the Philadelphia 76ers, 100-94, and were not able to cover as 2.5-point underdogs. The Miami game went 33.5 points under the projected point total of 216.5, while the Indiana game went 23 points under the projected point total of 217.
Miami dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 27.5 (above their season average of 27.1) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.441 (below their season average of 0.510). For those same stats, San Antonio was 20.7 and 0.399, respectively. Indiana, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (9.0 vs. 15.3). Hassan Whiteside had a good performance for Miami with 29 points, 20 rebounds and nine blocks. Victor Oladipo had a good game for Indiana, putting up 36 points, seven assists and six rebounds.
This series was highly contested last year. Each won two of the four games played against each other last season. The Pacers won the most recent game 113-107. The Pacers’ offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Heat. Indiana had a rate of 23.8, while Miami posted a mark of 14.6. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Vegas tends to set the total high when the Pacers are involved, as eight of their 12 games have gone under the total. Indiana heads into the game with records of 7-5 straight up (SU) and 5-6-1 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Indiana, games including the Heat have a tendency to go over the total (70.0 percent). Additionally, Miami is 5-5 SU and 5-5 ATS.
The Pacers’ Oladipo has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 24.4 points, 9.4 rebounds, 3.6 assists and 1.6 steals per game. Meanwhile, Josh Richardson has averaged 23.2 points, 1.6 blocks and 1.2 steals during that same time frame for the Heat.
The offense of Miami (17th in the league with an offensive efficiency of 105.2) will clash against the stingy defense of Indiana (seventh in the league with a defensive efficiency of 103.7). The Pacers figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
Pacers at Heat Free Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Heat, ATS Winner – Heat, O/U – Over
- Miami ranks third in rebounds per game (50.0) while Indiana ranks 27th (40.9).
- The Pacers rank fourth in points off turnovers per game (20.4) while the Heat rank 24th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.9).
- Miami averages 7.3 blocks per game, which is ranked first in the NBA. Indiana ranks 17th in blocks allowed per game (6.0).
- Indiana ranks second in points allowed in the paint per game (39.8) while Miami ranks fifth (44.0).
- The Pacers rank third in second chance points allowed per game (11.0) while the Heat rank 26th (17.0).
- The Pacers average 8.5 steals per game, which ranks eighth in the league. The Heat rank 11th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- Miami ranks seventh in three pointers attempted per game (34.0) while Indiana ranks 28th (24.6).
- When allowing under 100 points, Indiana is 2-1 and Miami is 2-0.
- The Pacers are 7-1 when they score above 100 points, while the Heat are 4-5.
- Indiana is 2-3-1 ATS on the road, while Miami is 3-2 ATS at home.
- The Pacers have 3 overs and 3 unders in 6 road games.
- The Heat have 3 overs and 2 unders in 5 home games.
- The Heat are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Pacers are 1-3-1.
- In their last five games, Miami has 4 overs and 1 under, while Indiana has 5 unders.
- During their last five games, the Heat have scored an average of 111.8 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 114.8 points per game (4.7 above their season average).
- The Pacers have been outscored by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Indiana has defeated opponents by an average of 3.5 points.