The Memphis Grizzlies (7-6) will be at home in FedExForum when they meet the Indiana Pacers (6-8). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 209 points with Memphis set as a 4.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 15, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Indiana Pacers vs. Memphis Grizzlies Betting Preview
The Pacers lost big to the Houston Rockets in their last game, 118-95. Victor Oladipo had a good game for Indiana, leading both teams in scoring with 28 points on 11-for-17 shooting. Houston’s 22.7 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over Indiana, who had a rate of 15.9. The Rockets’ mark was above their season average of 22.0, while the Pacers’ was below their season average of 21.4.
In the Grizzlies’ last game, they were blown out by the Milwaukee Bucks, 110-103. Tyreke Evans led Memphis in scoring with 27 points on 11-for-16 shooting. Milwaukee had a turnover percentage of 8.8 (better than their season average of 13.5). Memphis, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the free throw line (18-21; 85.7 percent).
A focal point for the Memphis offense is getting to the free throw line. The Grizzlies rank fourth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.242), but Indiana is among the best in the NBA at keeping opponents away from the charity stripe (ranking first by yielding a FTA rate of 0.155). ,
Of Indiana’s 14 games, seven have finished over the O/U total, while 8 of Memphis’ 13 games have finished under the projected point total. The Grizzlies have the sizable advantage straight up (SU) (7-6 vs. 6-8), but the Pacers have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (7-7 vs. 6-7).
Evans has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Memphis, averaging 24.2 points, 4.2 assists and 1.8 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Grizzlies won the most recent contest 110-97. The Grizzlies played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 7.7 and a free throw rate of 0.182. The Pacers had marks of 11.6 and 0.153, respectively, for those same stats.
Indiana Pacers vs. Memphis Grizzlies Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- The Grizzlies rank ninth in blocks per game (5.3) while the Pacers rank 22nd in blocks allowed per game (5.8).
- Memphis ranks first in points off turnovers allowed per game (12.4) while Indiana ranks seventh (15.5).
- Indiana averages 13.6 fast break points per game, which ranks sixth in the league. Memphis ranks 15th in fast break points allowed per game (10.9).
- Memphis averages 28.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 16th in the league. Indiana ranks 17th in three pointers allowed per game (28.7).
- On the road, Indiana is 4-4 ATS with 5 overs and 3 unders.
- At home, Memphis is 3-3 ATS with 5 unders and 1 over.
- Indiana is 3-0 when they allow under 100 points, while Memphis is 5-0.
- When scoring over 100 points, the Pacers are 5-4 and the Grizzlies are 4-2.
- The Pacers rank 18th in rebounds per game (42.8) while the Grizzlies rank 27th (39.7).
- Memphis ranks seventh in points allowed in the paint per game (41.4) while Indiana ranks 27th (50.3).
- The Pacers rank seventh in second chance points per game (13.5) while the Grizzlies rank 27th (8.5).
- The Grizzlies rank second in steals allowed per game (6.8) while the Pacers rank seventh (7.5).
- Memphis ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (19.5) while Indiana ranks 22nd (23.6).
- Memphis is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Indiana is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Grizzlies have been outscored by an average of 3.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Memphis has defeated opponents by an average of 1.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Pacers have scored an average of 102.0 points per game (6.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 108.8 points per game (0.3 below their season average).